1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Need help ASAP! Web Add-Ons...

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by sgraniela, Jul 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. sgraniela

sgraniela Thread Starter

Hello techs,
    Iv'e contacted quite a few places regarding this issue and nobody has been able to figure it out so im really hoping you can help me. I have a Windows XP operating System and im currently using a few browsers: AOL, IE, and MOZILLA FIREFOX. My issue is happening with every browser i use. My issue is this:
    When i go onto websites that use Live Person as their chat software when i click the chat button it automatically shuts down the browser im using and comes up with this error:
    'Internet has encountered an error with an add-on and needs to close' and then you have a few options which are: Advanced where you can enable and disable add-ons (ive tried doing both, still have the same error) or Continue which will just close the browser completely. I have contacted Road Runner, Dell, Live Person and nobody could figure out the problem! I cannot find out what specfic addon it's having trouble with but i believe it's something with Microsoft. Can you please help me??? Im also having trouble with another add-on when i go to: www.pogo.com and try playing a game it says the same thing that it does with Live Person except the add-on i believe is: ST. I really hope that you can help me. These things are important to me and i really need them funtioning normally on my computer. Thanks in advance for your help!

2. Augie65

Augie65

Go to this Java test site to test your version of Java.
    The lastest version is 1.5.0_07

3. sgraniela

sgraniela Thread Starter

Thanks for the advice but my computer wont even let me get to that site...it has a problem with an add-on and needed to close...i really need some help. Thanks though!
    -Sophia G.

4. Augie65

Augie65

I think your problem may be with Java. Did this just began? Open your Control Panel and look for the Java coffee cup icon. If you don't see it, in the left task pane, click on Other Control Panel Options. If you still don't see the icon, you do not have the latest version of the Sun JRE installed on your computer. If you need to install it, here is a guide.
    If the icon is there, click it and in the Java Control Panel, click the Advanced tab.
    Under Settings, click on + next to < Applet > tag support. Make sure the box next to Internet Explorer or Mozilla is checked. If it isn't, check it and click Apply.

5. sgraniela

sgraniela Thread Starter

Hi Augie 65,
    I opened my control panel and i clicked 'other control panel options' and the only program i can click is Norton Security Center...there is nothing else-no java. Im going to read that guide you gave me and try to install the Java and see if it solves my problem. I will post another reply to let you know the results. Thanks for your help!
    P.s This problem has been going on for a couple months now and before that it worked perfectly fine.
    -Sophia G.

6. sgraniela

sgraniela Thread Starter

Wow! I think this is the best tech support ive ever gotten! I installed Java in my browser & Desktop and now my problem is solved!!! Bravo :) Thanks so much for you help.
    -Sophia G,

7. Augie65

Augie65

You are welcome.:)
    I would like to welcome you to the forum as well.

8. sgraniela

sgraniela Thread Starter

Thank you for the warm welcome. Take Care!

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/484112

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice