1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Need help asap

Discussion in 'Networking' started by moominman2, Oct 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. moominman2

moominman2 Thread Starter

Right, about 2 weeks ago, my HP Pavilion DV6000 started playing up. It does not detect the WLAN switch what so ever so i cannot access the internet.

I took it to a local computer shop as my warrenty with HP ran out 2 months ago. They couldn't fix the problem and told me to send it to HP. After hours of looking for contact information (i still don't think i have the right details) i told them my problem. They replied and took my laptop's details and said they would contact me. After more than a week, no response. I e-mailed them asking why they haven't contacted me and they said they would. A few more days pass on and nothing. I got a bit fed up of this so i decided to buy a wireless USB. It was all working fine which i was extremely happy about and said i was connected to the internet. When i went to go on the net, i couldn't get any web pages. It didn't work even when it said it was connected.

Im stuck here because i didn't keep the contact details that came with my laptop so i have not numbers or e-mail adresses to contact HP with. I don't know what to do.

I would love to be sent numbers or whatever to contact them or if this problem could be solved by myself with some info from anyone, i would be extremely greatful.

Cheers, Moomin

2. moominman2

please someone?

3. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Instead of bumping here after 14 minutes (a day is the suggested timeframe) spend some quality time on the support section of HP's web site. There should be contact information there, plus there may be information about your specific problem. HP has been having some problems with wireless (I don't know which models) and have extended the warranty on some.

4. moominman2

im not use to this site so i don't know the average time to get a response thank you.
    Thanks for the info. I'v been through all this before though :|

5. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    I didn't either until I read the Welcome Guidelines when registering for the site. :)

6. moominman2

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/755504

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice