Need Help ASAP

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

cheekyracer78

My brother bought all his parts to build a computer off the internet, I built it for him and I have built several computers in the past and never had this problem. All the fans are running the 4 case fans the cpu fan video card fan and the power supply fan are all working, but yet the computer thinks it is over heating and shuts it's self off. My brother downloaded some kind of program that tells him the temp inside of his computer and it is telling him that the cpu temp is 200 degrees, but yet on the front on his computer it says that the cpu is on 69.1 degrees. What could be the problem? Is it a faulty cpu chip, or a faulty motherboard?

1st thought is u don't have the heatsink/fan properly attached to the motherboard....is it a intel cpu????

cheekyracer78

Yes I have the heatsink fan properly attached to the motherboard and yes it is a intel cpu

u need to actually turn over the motherboard and check that the pushpins are all FULLY in!!!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online