1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Need Help ASAP

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by cheekyracer78, Jan 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. cheekyracer78

cheekyracer78 Thread Starter

My brother bought all his parts to build a computer off the internet, I built it for him and I have built several computers in the past and never had this problem. All the fans are running the 4 case fans the cpu fan video card fan and the power supply fan are all working, but yet the computer thinks it is over heating and shuts it's self off. My brother downloaded some kind of program that tells him the temp inside of his computer and it is telling him that the cpu temp is 200 degrees, but yet on the front on his computer it says that the cpu is on 69.1 degrees. What could be the problem? Is it a faulty cpu chip, or a faulty motherboard?

2. replay

replay

1st thought is u don't have the heatsink/fan properly attached to the motherboard....is it a intel cpu????

3. cheekyracer78

Yes I have the heatsink fan properly attached to the motherboard and yes it is a intel cpu

4. replay

replay

u need to actually turn over the motherboard and check that the pushpins are all FULLY in!!!

5. cheekyracer78

okay I will do that and let you know. Thank you for your quick responces

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/973693

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice