1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Need help blocking the router page?

Discussion in 'Networking' started by GoRla89, Sep 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. GoRla89

GoRla89 Thread Starter

I have a router and its settings can be accessed by going to 192.168.1.1, I also know that there are other users that are able to access this page and change the settings when they connect to the wireless router. What I want is to block the wirless router page on computers that connect to my wifi except for 1 computer which would be mine. I've tried to put the password but to no avail the password is easily guessed or cracked and settings are changed. But is there a way to block the Wireless router setting page on computers that connect to the wifi network?

I have a Netgear Wireless Router WNR1000v3 N150, Please advise. Thank You.

2. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

A strong password cannot be easily guessed or cracked. Set one, and it accomplishes what you want.

3. GoRla89

GoRla89 Thread Starter

No trust me mate, my friends can hack it i just want them not to access the router configuration page? Is that possible?

4. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

There's obviously something you're not willing to share with the group. All routers have passwords. A strong password cannot be cracked in any reasonable amount of time.

If your friends have physical access to the router, they can simply reset it. There's nothing you can do to prevent that.

5. GoRla89

GoRla89 Thread Starter

Right but isn't there a way for your to disable the router configuration page? There must be a way! and no they can't reset it, its locked in a closet.

6. Phantom010

Phantom010 Trusted Advisor

What browser are you using?

This may be a bit simplistic, but it might be another layer of protection in case your friends manage to "crack" your router settings password (which I'd doubt in the first place).

If using Internet Explorer (you'd have to do it in the other browsers as well, of course), try the following:

Open Internet Explorer.

Click Tools > Internet Options > Content > Content Advisor > Enable... > Approved Sites.

Add your router's IP address 192.168.1.1 under "Allow this website" and click "Never".

Or perhaps, you could use your firewall?

7. GoRla89

GoRla89 Thread Starter

How would i Do that on a safari and on the iPhone Safari?

8. Phantom010

Phantom010 Trusted Advisor

You're asking a lot! :D

I have no idea. You'll have to dig inside those browser settings yourself. Or, search Google. :)

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1067579

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice