1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Need help booting Windows 10 in MsDos HP Laptop

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by DevT, Apr 13, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. DevT

DevT Thread Starter

I had made a copy of ISO file of Windows Media file on a USB drive.
    In my new MSDOS laptop, I inserted my pen drive and started installing Windows.
    After installation black screen appeared and it again asked me to install windows.
    I tried to install it again but while choosing the partition it showed me an error:
    There was an error installing Windows
    I pressed the power button and the laptop switched off.
    I turned it on but the same error persisted while installing the Windows.
    Somewhere I found the option for System Recovery and clicked on it.
    It showed an error something like:
    The installation media could not be found in the external disk.
    Contact your system administrator for a media file.
    Error code:0xc000000f
    The error was quite longer than this but the main points were these.
    And every time I am turning on my pc I find the above-given error.

I think I had done some mistake choosing the partition while installing the Windows 10 for the first time.
    There were two partitions 1 and 2 and an unallocated space for more than 950GB.
    I chose the unallocated space.

HP 15-BW096AU 2017 15.6-inch Laptop (A6-7310/4GB/1TB/DOS/Integrated Graphics)

Help me, please

2. Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

3. DevT

DevT Thread Starter

I did according to what u and the link asked me to but the same problem persists.

4. Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

Your reply lacks detail
    I post
    because you said
    but you make no comment as to if you had indeed downloaded the ISO and merely copied it to a usb pen

Windows cannot be installed by booting from a flash drive or dvd by merely copying the ISO

There is according to your post a possibility that you are leaving the flash drive in the computer after windows has installed
    If you have configured the boot device as the flash pen, in BIOS/UEFI firmware rather than merely a one time boot to the USB, and then windows having installed you leaved the flash pen in the drive it boots from it and again asks
    On a computer that has FreeDos installed you boot from the install media and choose the option delete for the drive
    follow this link
    https://www.tenforums.com/installat...operly-install-windows-10-freedos-laptop.html

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1208566

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice