need help bringing my external HDD back to life

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

psyduck23

when connecting my External HDD it to a pc, it is shown as "local disk" with no other info like free space etc. visible.
while the external HDD is connected, i cannot open disk management or diskpart. they open as soon as i disconnect the HDD. i also tried opening it on Ubuntu but cannot mount the drive.
i tried to do "chkdsk /f /r" but it gets stuck in the start with nothing happening in the cmd screen.

plz help

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online