1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Need HELP!!! BSoD

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by 300wattz, Jul 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. 300wattz

300wattz Thread Starter

I have a BSoD and I can't get pass the safe mode. I have a re-install CD, but it brings me back to a BSoD. I have a Dell 1100 notebook and the code is a stop: c0000218. It tell me that my registry file failed. How do I can pass this?:eek:

2. The Hound

The Hound

Microsoft says here... that you have a corrupt registry hive...There could also be corrupted files involved.
    Have you added any new hardware of software before the issue started? Incompatible hardware could be to blame.

Is the drive making noise? Hard disk failure is a possible cause.

Have you had a power outage while the computer was running? If Windows was writing to the registry when the power went off, that could be the cause.

Are you able to boot to the recovery console? Boot to bios, set first boot device to CD-ROM, reboot, and 'press any key to boot from cd', at the setup screen, press R. Let us know if you get that far...

3. 300wattz

300wattz Thread Starter

Thanks,

I... rather someone else added new software. There were no power outages, and there isn't any noise from the drive. As soon as I turn on the computer I have a BSoD. Is it F8 or Alt + F8... I forget which. One get me to a safe mode with a boot command. Should use a re-install CD?

4. The Hound

The Hound

F12 gives you boot options--you might consider booting to the diagnostic utility partition and run the full check--it may take several hours.

5. 300wattz

300wattz Thread Starter

Thanks, it worked. Although I loaded the wrong re-install. I spent most of the morning having to add individual programs back on my notebook.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/592528

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice