Need help building a gaming rig!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.
DuO said:
Otherwise just get the least expensive PCI x16 motherboard and and an ok cooling system.
2 things you should never skimp on .... Power Supply and Motherboard.

As the MB is the backbone of any PC, I would look for deals on quality Brand / Models .... not just buy the cheapest board by the cheapest manufacturer.

just make sure you dont waste money on a motherboard with a lot of things you dont need

(if you dont use SLi dont get one that has SLi capabilities and waste $50)

o.0

Clumbsy_Mage said:
You aren't looking at anything too expensive if all you want to run adequately is Sims 2 and other similar games. Infact you're looking at something very cheap, given Sims 2 minimum requirements.

To be honest a 19" LCD monitor would probably cost as much as the system you're actually building/buying :D

Can't really help you more than that given the fact I'm based in Europe and don't order parts off Newegg.com which is based in America, sorry :eek:

I dont care what min req. are for that game. 512 isnt good enough for it. You need something way better.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online