1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Need Help burning CDs

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by wrenie, Jan 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. wrenie

wrenie Thread Starter

Hi I need help with burning cds. For some reason I can't get any of the software on my sytem to burn cds. I have Roxio, Windows Media Player and neither one will work. Can someone here help me??? I am running XP. Thanks in advance Ms. Wrenie

2. Sponsor

3. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

Has it ever worked?

What -exactly- happens whan you try to burn a CD?

Can tou drag and drops some files to the CD drive (using Windows Explorer) then open the drive and burn those files (XP has native support for data files, no other software is needed for these). That would confirm your CD burner drive is working.

4. jolo10

jolo10 It's My Birthday!

In order to help you Ms. Wrenie,

Could you give some more specifics:

What CD burner hardware are you using ?

Are you getting any error messages? Are they the same in Explorer and Roxio ?

What type of media are you using ?

If you put a CD in your CD read/write drive, can you go to My Computer or Windows Explorer and open it and see files in it ?

Jon

5. wrenie

wrenie Thread Starter

Jon, I have tried record now that came on my system, Windows Media Player and Roxio. I haven't gotten any error messages, it has asked me to put a blank disk in my drive, but I did that and it just kept spitting it out and asking again. I am trying to duplicate a music cd that I have. I have put a cd in the cd read/write drive and it shows up in my library. ms.wrenie

6. wrenie

wrenie Thread Starter

kiwi guy , I have tried the Media Player, record now and Roxio but none of them seem to work. They have never worked. I am trying to copy some cds that I have so that I will have a back up in case there is ever a problem. I tried going to my computer, but I could'nt tell which files were the cd. ms.wrenie

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/433935