Need Help burning CDs

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

wrenie

Hi I need help with burning cds. For some reason I can't get any of the software on my sytem to burn cds. I have Roxio, Windows Media Player and neither one will work. Can someone here help me??? I am running XP. Thanks in advance Ms. Wrenie

Has it ever worked?

What -exactly- happens whan you try to burn a CD?

Can tou drag and drops some files to the CD drive (using Windows Explorer) then open the drive and burn those files (XP has native support for data files, no other software is needed for these). That would confirm your CD burner drive is working.

jolo10

It's My Birthday!
wrenie said:
Hi I need help with burning cds. For some reason I can't get any of the software on my sytem to burn cds. I have Roxio, Windows Media Player and neither one will work. Can someone here help me??? I am running XP. Thanks in advance Ms. Wrenie
In order to help you Ms. Wrenie,

Could you give some more specifics:

What CD burner hardware are you using ?

Are you getting any error messages? Are they the same in Explorer and Roxio ?

What type of media are you using ?

If you put a CD in your CD read/write drive, can you go to My Computer or Windows Explorer and open it and see files in it ?

Jon

wrenie

Jon, I have tried record now that came on my system, Windows Media Player and Roxio. I haven't gotten any error messages, it has asked me to put a blank disk in my drive, but I did that and it just kept spitting it out and asking again. I am trying to duplicate a music cd that I have. I have put a cd in the cd read/write drive and it shows up in my library. ms.wrenie

wrenie

kiwi guy , I have tried the Media Player, record now and Roxio but none of them seem to work. They have never worked. I am trying to copy some cds that I have so that I will have a back up in case there is ever a problem. I tried going to my computer, but I could'nt tell which files were the cd. ms.wrenie

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online