1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Need help burning DVD+R

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by Krak3d, Jul 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Krak3d

Krak3d Account Closed Thread Starter

I've backed up some of my games to my external hard drive. But it's running out of space, so I decided I should burn these to DVDs and keep them. My question is, a normal DVD+R, is 4.3 GB approx. Now how do I burn the ISO image into them, when they are a lot bigger than that. Obviously I need to split them up. Now can anyone tell me how to split the Image up, in that way if I want to reinstall a game, I jsut have to change the disks, like the retail versions. Thank you.

2. Sponsor

3. lce_123

lce_123

well you could use winrar to compress it into a split *.rar archive, that way you can set the file size when compressing the data to *.rar to whatever size you would like. Then go ahead and burn each rar archive to a dvd as if it was a data dvd disc instead of an iso dvd disc.

4. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

What kind of games are larger than 4.7GB and aren't installed from DVDs?

5. Krak3d

Thanx Ice_123. And DoubleHelix, I can't understand what you're trying to say. I just want some help.

6. Hughv

Hughv

What do you mean by "Backed up"? Did you just copy an installed game folder?
    That would be much larger than an iso, and include some saved games, I presume.
    It's not really clear what's going on here, so give us some more detail.

7. Krak3d

It's not an installed game folder, it's the DVD itself. Extracted through Magic ISO. It's too big to fit into one DVD + R, so I wanted to burn it to 2 DVDs

8. Elvandil

Elvandil

You'll have problems using it normally if you try to use the 4.7's. Burn them to DL (double-layer) DVD's which is probably what they were on originally.

But due to anti-copying and anti-piracy features on the originals, the copies will not work in most cases if the DVD's need to be inserted for verification to play the games.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/845426