Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Need Help buying New PC

835 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  SM4SH 
#1 ·
Hello Everyone.

My wife needs a new computer. The problem is that she is looking to me for answers. Which 5 years ago i could have done just that.

But everything has changed, and i have been out of the loop so I don't know what is considered good or old.

I have 2 Questions......1. Should she go for a laptop? this way she can be mobile or setup with a keyboard and mouse and be just like a desktop. Problem is I know laptops cost more for the same things you will get in a desktop.

2.We are willing to pay $500, because she is not a gamer or graphic artist. She will just be surfing the net and watching movies.

3. I'm hesitant on getting windows 8, which is on almost every new computer. I would rather it have windows7. Am I wrong?

Thanks in advance for any info you can give me. Oh and one more thing WHERE is the best place to get a good deal. Most are saying BestBuy.

again thank you
Stephen

See less See more
#2 ·
Stephen:

If you go to "Best Buy" or most other big-box electronics stores, you're probably going to find only new Windows 8 computers and probably get a sales pitch to buy extra warranty coverage and security protection.

Whether your wife's choice is a laptop or a desktop, you can get some good deals on refurbished Windows 7 models at www.newegg.com and www.overstock.com and a few others.

I've bought nothing but refurbished models for the past 2 years and have been happy with all of them.

And I've never paid more than $250.00 - $300.00 for any of them.

I'm sure you'll get different opinions and advice from whoever else replies to you here, so feel free to ask any more questions.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.