1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

need help buying security software

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by JPB, Sep 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. JPB

JPB Thread Starter

Could I get some recommendations on what software to buy, prefer from a brick and mortar store for internet security. would a security suite like the one from norton work or would I have to buy additional antispyware software as well. I have seen a lot of mention of a cw shredder and I'm not sure if that is a type of program or a specific brand. I'm new to this site and really enjoy the expertise offered here. (y) As you can see I'm not very knowledgable. I'd like to stop as many popups as possible and be able to keep my chosen homepage, I lost my shell.dll etc...

2. Fidelista

Fidelista

Hello JPB.
    Besides AV protection, you could use some spyware removal tools and prevention programs---all free.
    Google tool bar---stops pop-ups > free
    Spybot SD 1.3 > free
    Adaware SE >free
    Spyware blaster {Javacool} Prevention > free
    Spyware Guard {Javacool} Prevention >free
    Zone alarm {firewall}> free.
    These are some fine programs, and all free.
    Be very careful when selecting or buying spyware programs---many of them are BAD.
    Its only my humble opinion but I would think twice before using NIS 2004. I have seen too many problems.
    Regarding CWSHREDDER--- its a free removal tool for Coolwebsearch, a extremely bad malware program. It will not prevent infection, but will remove some varients should you be unlucky.
    Here is a link to a download site>>>>>>>>
    http://www.majorgeeks.com/downloads31.html
    Hope this proves helpful.>f

3. FinestRanger

FinestRanger

4. JPB

JPB Thread Starter

I really appreciate the replies. Thanks

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/275383

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice