Need help changing admin password

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Rachelwesener2010

I bought a used computer that the seller no longer used because they couldn't remember their local account login password. I thought it would be an easy fix to use command prompt and change the admin password that way. But when I get the screen that gives me the options to load Safe mode, safe mode with networking, and safe mode with command prompt, regardless which of the options I choose, it just loads to the normal log in screen. I do not get any kind of screen or box to enter commands. It's a Lenovo laptop running windows 7 home premium. Can someone please give me a idiots step by step rundown how to fix this?

flavallee

Trusted Advisor
First Name
Frank
We don't provide help here with a password-protected computer because we have no way to verify its actual owner or the real intent for wanting to access it.

If it came with Windows 7 Home Premium installed in it, it should have a recovery/restore partition and should give you the option to revert it back to its original new condition.

What's the exact serial number on it, and what country was it originally purchased in?

---------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:

TerryNet

First Name
Terry
As Frank said, you can "recover to factory defaults." Or you can re-install Windows 7. Or install another OS (thinking free Linux distribution).

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online