1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Need Help Choosing PC

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by VocalHarmonics, Dec 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. VocalHarmonics

VocalHarmonics Thread Starter

Hey folks,

Getting a new computer and would like some opinions.

Mainly using it for website development so there's going to be dreamweaver, photoshop, video editor sometimes, etc running at the same time.

Two I'm looking at right now: HP Pavilion P6655UK and HP Pavilion P6554UK (not an HP promoter just seemed to be decent PCs for my price range :p)

HP Pavilion P6655UK:
    Processor - Intel Core i3 I3-550 3.2GHz Dual Core
    RAM - 3GB installed, Supports up to 16 GB DDR3 SDRAM
    Hard Drive - 1 TB
    Graphics Card - nVidia GeForce G315

HP Pavilion P6554UK:
    Processor - 2.8 GHz AMD Phenom II X4 830 Quad Core
    RAM - 6GB installed, Supports up to 16 GB DDR3 SDRAM
    Hard Drive - 1.5 TB
    Graphics Card - ATI Radeon HD 5570

Link to the P6655UK:
    http://www.crescentelectronics.co.uk/p6655uk-core-i3550-1tb-3gb-dvdrw-w7hp64-uk.html

Link to the P6554UK:
    http://www.crescentelectronics.co.uk/hp-pavilion-p6554uk--phenom-ii-x4-830-28-ghz.html

Any other recommendations are welcome, budget wise is around $900 but a little flexible if you know of a great system.

What would you recommend?
    Mike

2. Megabite

Megabite

With programs your going to be running you will need plenty of memory and a good video card

3. VocalHarmonics

Thanks, yes I thought the second system would be good because of the memory.

Wouldn't the slower clock speed be something that really counts against it though?

4. Megabite

Megabite

I would personally go with the second system, the CPU difference would be minimal plus you get 6GB memory

5. VocalHarmonics

Ok that's great, does anyone know more about the ATI Radeon HD 5570 graphics card - would it be powerful enough to keep me going for a while?

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/969486

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice