Need help choosing RAM

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

thekingrayen

hello i need some help i had problem with my pc ram

thats my laptop ram i wanna buy a another one
4 ram drr4 2666 hz compatible with 4 ram drr4 2133 ?
that my ram on picture

Attachments

Fireflycph

Morten
Make sure that your laptop can handle the additional RAM. Both in terms of expansion size but also the number of RAM modules.

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
Capture.JPG

Your image shows a Hynix brand single rank 4 GB DDR4-2133 MHz module.

If you want to add another 4 GB to your laptop and run it with 8 GB, you should add a module with matching specs.

Laptops tend to be more finicky than desktops when using unmatched modules.

It doesn't need to be the same brand name, but it should have matching specs.

-------------------------------------------------

Last edited:
You may want to upgrade to 8GB of ram, 4gb is kind of slow for now days, Like Couriant said " what is the exact model of you laptop"!

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
He's a first-time poster who hasn't replied back to any of us in 4 days, so any further comments and advice to him may be a waste of time.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online