1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

need help combining multiple mpg into one continuous video

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by Baked421, Jul 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Baked421

Baked421 Thread Starter

I have Alive video converter and AVI video converter will either of these work for turning multiple video clips into one continous video

2. singel352000

singel352000

hi I use intervideo dvd creater It workes not only for mpgs but avis wmv and more It will join
    so many to fit on cd or expand to a dvd depending on the lenth and number of clips you want to join hope that helps

3. Baked421

Baked421 Thread Starter

yes thank you. The problem is, I don't really want to burn them on dvd I just want to keep the footage on my hard drive but as one consecutive movie.

4. Slrman

Slrman

There are many video editors that will do exactly what you want. Try a Google on Video Editors. I have used several but Windows Movie Maker is a decent place to start. It's pretty limited but it will give you a feel for a bit of editing. After that, there are some freebies like Avid FreeDV and some inexpensive ones like Pure Motion Edit Studio 5 and Magix Movie Edit Pro. I'd stay away from anything by Cyberlink and the company simply cannot be trusted.

5. Baked421

Baked421 Thread Starter

actually maybe this explains it easier as to what i need. I have this mpeg but it has been chopped into 22 shorter clips. So when i gather every clip and try to play it in windows media player it doesn't stay in order. For example it will jump from clip one to clip five. What's up with that?

6. michaeltee

michaeltee

I often use a program called "AVS Video Tools" for combining and converting. Of all the converters I've tried it's been the most reliable and accepts virtually any format as input or output. To join clips simply click the "+" icon (under the "Browse" button), add your files (files can be re-ordered to your liking), select an output format and destination and hit the "Convert Now" button. Nice program with some good features for $30.

http://www.avsmedia.com/VideoTools/index.aspx

If you want to create a combined file with very smooth/seemless transitions you'd be better of with a full-featured editing app like Ulead "VideoStudio 10 Plus" or similar.

7. prunejuice

prunejuice

There's a tool in TMPEGEnc called MPEG Tools that I use for precisely this purpose.

Not sure if TMPEGEnc is a free download anymore. Used to be for MPEG1 encoding.

8. singel352000

singel352000

what I told you you can do you dont have to burn any thing just save the joined mpeg and play it when ever you want

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/487272

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice