1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Need help- computer is acting weird today

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by 2talll, Jan 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. 2talll

2talll Thread Starter

I had no problems with my computer at all yesterday, other than it not putting itself into hibernation after being idle but that often happens because of the AOL processes running in the background.

Anyway, today I try to turn it back on (unhibernating) and it wouldn't come on. It would get to the resuming page and then just stop and the screen would go blank. So I hit the power button and try again and when it comes to the page syaing that there was a problem resuming from the hibernation and asking if I want to reboot or retry, I retried and the same thing happened. So next time I try rebooting and rather than rebooting I get CheckDisk checking my disks for about a minute then that stops and goes into reboot and everything appears to be back to normal.

Then I notice each time my screen saver starts to go, the screen goes black and the entire computer freezes. When I can finally get cont/alt/del. to work to unfreeze it says the computer had been running at 100% from the time the screensaver tried going back on.

I shut down and restarted thinking that maybe the checkdisk thing didn't fully run, and sure enough it came back on and started checking everything again, but for much longer this time. About half way through I see a mesage:

"Deleting index entry From.bmp in index $I3O (0) of file 1597"

It then goes back into scanning again and says "recovering lost files" and thats when the info was flying by to fast to see what it was saying.

Now I can reboot and start-up without CheckDisk going, but now my screen saver won't go on at all. I tried un installing the screensave (GpPhotoShow) and the re-installing but that samething happens.

Any ideas/suggestions?

P.S. I'm going to try to run HackThis when I get home because that program is on a disk at home and my office comp won't allow me to get to the site to download it. I work in a school so we are REALLY limited as to how much we can use our internet because of al the security settings needed.

2. 2talll

2talll Thread Starter

Here's my HiJackThis log: (I found the program buried in a sub file of mydocuments)

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.0
    Scan saved at 12:19:18 PM, on 1/28/2005
    Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
    MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)

Running processes:
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\Ati2evxx.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\LEXBCES.EXE
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\LEXPPS.EXE
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL\ACS\AOLAcsd.exe
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL\TopSpeed\2.0\aoltsmon.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\cisvc.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\gearsec.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\nakido.exe
    C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\navapsvc.exe
    C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\NISUM.EXE
    C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\SoundMAX\SMAgent.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\wanmpsvc.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\MsPMSPSv.exe
    C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\SymProxySvc.exe
    C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\NISSERV.EXE
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
    C:\Program Files\Apoint2K\Apoint.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\AGRSMMSG.exe
    C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI Control Panel\atiptaxx.exe
    C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\Digital Imaging\Unload\hpqcmon.exe
    C:\Program Files\HPQ\Quick Launch Buttons\EabServr.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\hphmon05.exe
    C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Software Update\HPWuSchd.exe
    C:\PROGRA~1\NORTON~1\navapw32.exe
    C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\IAMAPP.EXE
    C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP PrecisionScan\PrecisionScan\HPLamp.exe
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL\ACS\AOLDial.exe
    C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\AOL\AOLSPY~1\AOLSP Scheduler.exe
    C:\Program Files\Apoint2K\Apntex.exe
    C:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.2_04\bin\jusched.exe
    C:\Program Files\MUSICMATCH\MUSICMATCH Jukebox\mmtask.exe
    C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe
    C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
    C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\AOL\110225~1\EE\AOLHOS~1.EXE
    C:\Program Files\AOL Companion\companion.exe
    C:\Program Files\PictureShare\PSClient.exe
    C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\AOL\110225~1\EE\AOLServiceHost.exe
    C:\Documents and Settings\2Talll\Desktop\Unused Desktop Shortcuts\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://srch-us8l.hpwis.com
    R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://us8l.hpwis.com/
    R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://us8l.hpwis.com
    R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyOverride = localhost
    O2 - BHO: F1 Organizer Class - {00000EF1-0786-4633-87C6-1AA7A44296DA} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\bpara.dll
    O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
    O2 - BHO: NAV Helper - {BDF3E430-B101-42AD-A544-FADC6B084872} - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
    O3 - Toolbar: Norton AntiVirus - {42CDD1BF-3FFB-4238-8AD1-7859DF00B1D6} - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
    O3 - Toolbar: AOL Toolbar - {4982D40A-C53B-4615-B15B-B5B5E98D167C} - C:\Program Files\AOL Toolbar\toolbar.dll
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Apoint] C:\Program Files\Apoint2K\Apoint.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AGRSMMSG] AGRSMMSG.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Cpqset] C:\Program Files\HPQ\Default Settings\cpqset.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ATIPTA] C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI Control Panel\atiptaxx.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CamMonitor] C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\Digital Imaging\Unload\hpqcmon.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [eabconfg.cpl] C:\Program Files\HPQ\Quick Launch Buttons\EabServr.exe /Start
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [RoxioEngineUtility] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Roxio Shared\System\EngUtil.exe"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HPHUPD05] C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\{45B6180B-DCAB-4093-8EE8-6164457517F0}\hphupd05.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HPHmon05] C:\WINDOWS\System32\hphmon05.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HP Software Update] "C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Software Update\HPWuSchd.exe"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [REGSHAVE] C:\Program Files\REGSHAVE\REGSHAVE.EXE /AUTORUN
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Hpppta] C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP PrecisionScan\PrecisionScan\hpppta.exe /ICON
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NAV Agent] C:\PROGRA~1\NORTON~1\navapw32.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [iamapp] C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\IAMAPP.EXE
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HP Lamp] C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP PrecisionScan\PrecisionScan\HPLamp.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AOLDialer] C:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL\ACS\AOLDial.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AOL Spyware Protection] "C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\AOL\AOLSPY~1\AOLSP Scheduler.exe"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Pure Networks Port Magic] "C:\PROGRA~1\PURENE~1\PORTMA~1\PortAOL.exe" -Run
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [LifeScape Media Detector] C:\Program Files\Picasa\PicasaMediaDetector.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] C:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.2_04\bin\jusched.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [mmtask] C:\Program Files\MUSICMATCH\MUSICMATCH Jukebox\mmtask.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [iTunesHelper] C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HostManager] C:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL\1102252819\EE\AOLHostManager.exe
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [PhotoShow Deluxe Media Manager] C:\PROGRA~1\SIMPLE~1\PHOTOS~1\data\Xtras\mssysmgr.exe
    O4 - Startup: Check for PictureShare.net Updates.lnk = C:\Program Files\PictureShare\WiseUpdt.exe
    O4 - Startup: PictureShare.net Startup.lnk = C:\Program Files\PictureShare\PSClient.exe
    O4 - Startup: PowerReg Scheduler.exe
    O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Gamma Loader.lnk = C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Calibration\Adobe Gamma Loader.exe
    O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Reader Speed Launch.lnk = C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\reader_sl.exe
    O4 - Global Startup: America Online 9.0 Tray Icon.lnk = C:\Program Files\America Online 9.0\aoltray.exe
    O4 - Global Startup: AOL Companion.lnk = C:\Program Files\AOL Companion\companion.exe
    O4 - Global Startup: Microsoft Office.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\OSA9.EXE
    O8 - Extra context menu item: &AOL Toolbar search - res://C:\Program Files\AOL Toolbar\toolbar.dll/SEARCH.HTML
    O8 - Extra context menu item: Download using LeechGet - file://C:\Program Files\LeechGet 2004\\AddUrl.html
    O8 - Extra context menu item: Download using LeechGet Wizard - file://C:\Program Files\LeechGet 2004\\Wizard.html
    O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~4\OFFICE11\EXCEL.EXE/3000
    O8 - Extra context menu item: Open Picture in &Microsoft PhotoDraw - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~4\Office\1033\phdintl.dll/phdContext.htm
    O8 - Extra context menu item: Parse with LeechGet - file://C:\Program Files\LeechGet 2004\\Parser.html
    O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.2_04\bin\npjpi142_04.dll
    O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.2_04\bin\npjpi142_04.dll
    O9 - Extra button: Insight NetKnowledge Tools - {102910D3-CF07-4BED-ACDC-D165385B9B66} - C:\Program Files\Insight Development\Net Knowledge Tools\Common\Insight NetKnowledge Tools.dll
    O9 - Extra button: AOL Toolbar - {4982D40A-C53B-4615-B15B-B5B5E98D167C} - C:\Program Files\AOL Toolbar\toolbar.dll
    O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: AOL Toolbar - {4982D40A-C53B-4615-B15B-B5B5E98D167C} - C:\Program Files\AOL Toolbar\toolbar.dll
    O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~4\OFFICE11\REFIEBAR.DLL
    O9 - Extra button: Real.com - {CD67F990-D8E9-11d2-98FE-00C0F0318AFE} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\Shdocvw.dll
    O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
    O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
    O14 - IERESET.INF: START_PAGE_URL=http://us8l.hpwis.com
    O16 - DPF: cpcScanner - http://www.crucial.com/controls/cpcScanner.cab
    O16 - DPF: {140F03AE-0588-11D4-BD45-0050048A82BF} (eShare Web Collaboration Class) - http://chat.1800flowers.com/netagent/objects/emagic.cab
    O16 - DPF: {4A3CF76B-EC7A-405D-A67D-8DC6B52AB35B} (QDiagAOLCCUpdateObj Class) - http://aolcc.aol.com/computercheckup/qdiagcc.cab
    O16 - DPF: {9A9307A0-7DA4-4DAF-B042-5009F29E09E1} (ActiveScan Installer Class) - http://www.pandasoftware.com/activescan/as5/asinst.cab
    O16 - DPF: {D27CDB6E-AE6D-11CF-96B8-444553540000} (Shockwave Flash Object) - https://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab
    O16 - DPF: {D44C75D8-C827-473E-8F68-A77E42500782} (Uploader Class) - http://photo.walmart.com/photo/uploads/WebUploadClient.cab
    O18 - Protocol: iwd - {EA5F5649-A6C7-11D4-9E3C-0020AF0FFB56} - C:\Program Files\Insight Development\Net Knowledge Tools\Common\IwdProtocol.dll
    O23 - Service: AOL Connectivity Service - America Online - C:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL\ACS\AOLAcsd.exe
    O23 - Service: AOL TopSpeed Monitor - America Online, Inc - C:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL\TopSpeed\2.0\aoltsmon.exe
    O23 - Service: AOL Spyware Protection Service - Unknown - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\AOL\AOLSPY~1\\aolserv.exe
    O23 - Service: Ati HotKey Poller - Unknown - C:\WINDOWS\System32\Ati2evxx.exe
    O23 - Service: GEARSecurity - GEAR Software - C:\WINDOWS\system32\gearsec.exe
    O23 - Service: iPod Service - Apple Computer, Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
    O23 - Service: LexBce Server - Lexmark International, Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\system32\LEXBCES.EXE
    O23 - Service: Nakido - Unknown - C:\WINDOWS\system32\nakido.exe
    O23 - Service: Norton AntiVirus Auto Protect Service - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\navapsvc.exe
    O23 - Service: Norton Internet Security Service - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\NISSERV.EXE
    O23 - Service: Norton Internet Security Accounts Manager - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\NISUM.EXE
    O23 - Service: ScriptBlocking Service - Symantec Corporation - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\SYMANT~1\SCRIPT~1\SBServ.exe
    O23 - Service: SoundMAX Agent Service - Analog Devices, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\SoundMAX\SMAgent.exe
    O23 - Service: Norton Internet Security Proxy Service - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\SymProxySvc.exe
    O23 - Service: WAN Miniport (ATW) Service - America Online, Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\wanmpsvc.exe

3. 2talll

2talll Thread Starter

Can anyone help me with the hijackthis log? I just came on-line on the laptop and a bunch of stuff I never heard of tried to connect to the internet.

4. MFDnNC

MFDnNC

Print this – boot to safe mode – fix with HJT

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://srch-us8l.hpwis.com

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://us8l.hpwis.com/

R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://us8l.hpwis.com

O2 - BHO: F1 Organizer Class - {00000EF1-0786-4633-87C6-1AA7A44296DA} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\bpara.dll

O9 - Extra button: Insight NetKnowledge Tools - {102910D3-CF07-4BED-ACDC-D165385B9B66} - C:\Program Files\Insight Development\Net Knowledge Tools\Common\Insight NetKnowledge Tools.dll

O14 - IERESET.INF: START_PAGE_URL=http://us8l.hpwis.com

O18 - Protocol: iwd - {EA5F5649-A6C7-11D4-9E3C-0020AF0FFB56} - C:\Program Files\Insight Development\Net Knowledge Tools\Common\IwdProtocol.dll

O23 - Service: Nakido - Unknown - C:\WINDOWS\system32\nakido.exe

View Hidden Files
    Open Windows Explorer. Go to Tools, Folder Options and click on the View tab.
    Make sure that "Show hidden files and folders" is checked.
    Also uncheck "Hide protected operating system files".
    Now click "Apply to all folders", Click "Apply" then "OK"

Delete these files
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\bpara.dll
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\nakido.exe

Delete these folders
    C:\Program Files\Insight Development

START – RUN – key in %temp% - Edit – Select all – File – Delete
    Empty the recycle bin
    Boot and post a new log

5. 2talll

2talll Thread Starter

Thanks for the help. So when I go into safe mode- do I re-run HJT and then check the above items to fix them?

I'm kinda confused about what to do at the START-RUN part after typing in %temp%: does the box clear and then I type in the other stuff, or where do I put all that in?

What exactly is all the stuff by the way? And what did the checkdisk program remove?
    Thanks again

6. MFDnNC

MFDnNC

Yes run HJT scan only in safe mode to mark the entries and then click fix checked

You'll see on the %temp%, its just a shortr cut to delete temp files

Checkdisk removes files that are corrupt after a crash or other abort

Thanks for asking vs. guessing!!!! (y) (y)

7. 2talll

2talll Thread Starter

I probably would have guessed if (a) I wasn't too sick, lazy and tired to do anything about it right now and (b) don't have the USB cord to my printer because I have to use it with my work computer and don't feel like crawling under my desk to get the cable off the scanner to use with the printer.

8. MFDnNC

MFDnNC

If ur printer is not available then save the instructions to a file, you just can't have IE open when doing these fixes

9. 2talll

2talll Thread Starter

OK, didn't even think about that- I guess I wasn't sure if Word would work in safe mode. I already saved it so I guess I'll try it tommorow. At leaqst you saved me crawling under the desk.

10. MFDnNC

MFDnNC

Word, notepad, wordpad.........

11. 2talll

2talll Thread Starter

Here's the new log:
    Scan saved at 10:16:21 AM, on 1/29/2005

Running processes:
    C:\Program Files\Common files\updater\wupdater.exe
    C:\Program Files\PictureShare\PSClient.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\wuauclt.exe
    C:\Documents and Settings\2Talll\Desktop\Unused Desktop Shortcuts\HijackThis.exe

R3 - URLSearchHook: IncrediFindBHO Class - {5D60FF48-95BE-4956-B4C6-6BB168A70310} - C:\PROGRA~1\INCRED~1\BHO\INCFIN~1.DLL
    O1 - Hosts: 12.129.205.209 search.netscape.com12.129.205.209 sitefinder.verisign.com
    O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
    O2 - BHO: NavErrRedir Class - {5D60FF48-95BE-4956-B4C6-6BB168A70310} - C:\PROGRA~1\INCRED~1\BHO\INCFIN~1.DLL
    O2 - BHO: NAV Helper - {BDF3E430-B101-42AD-A544-FADC6B084872} - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
    O3 - Toolbar: Norton AntiVirus - {42CDD1BF-3FFB-4238-8AD1-7859DF00B1D6} - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
    O3 - Toolbar: AOL Toolbar - {4982D40A-C53B-4615-B15B-B5B5E98D167C} - C:\Program Files\AOL Toolbar\toolbar.dll
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ATIPTA] C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI Control Panel\atiptaxx.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CamMonitor] C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\Digital Imaging\Unload\hpqcmon.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [eabconfg.cpl] C:\Program Files\HPQ\Quick Launch Buttons\EabServr.exe /Start
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [RoxioEngineUtility] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Roxio Shared\System\EngUtil.exe"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HPHUPD05] C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\{45B6180B-DCAB-4093-8EE8-6164457517F0}\hphupd05.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HP Software Update] "C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Software Update\HPWuSchd.exe"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Hpppta] C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP PrecisionScan\PrecisionScan\hpppta.exe /ICON
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HP Lamp] C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP PrecisionScan\PrecisionScan\HPLamp.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AOL Spyware Protection] "C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\AOL\AOLSPY~1\AOLSP Scheduler.exe"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Pure Networks Port Magic] "C:\PROGRA~1\PURENE~1\PORTMA~1\PortAOL.exe" -Run
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [LifeScape Media Detector] C:\Program Files\Picasa\PicasaMediaDetector.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] C:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.2_04\bin\jusched.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [mmtask] C:\Program Files\MUSICMATCH\MUSICMATCH Jukebox\mmtask.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HostManager] C:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL\1102252819\EE\AOLHostManager.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [updater] C:\Program Files\Common files\updater\wupdater.exe
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [PhotoShow Deluxe Media Manager] C:\PROGRA~1\SIMPLE~1\PHOTOS~1\data\Xtras\mssysmgr.exe
    O4 - Startup: Check for PictureShare.net Updates.lnk = C:\Program Files\PictureShare\WiseUpdt.exe
    O4 - Startup: PictureShare.net Startup.lnk = C:\Program Files\PictureShare\PSClient.exe
    O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Gamma Loader.lnk = C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Calibration\Adobe Gamma Loader.exe
    O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Reader Speed Launch.lnk = C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\reader_sl.exe
    O4 - Global Startup: America Online 9.0 Tray Icon.lnk = C:\Program Files\America Online 9.0\aoltray.exe
    O4 - Global Startup: AOL Companion.lnk = C:\Program Files\AOL Companion\companion.exe
    O4 - Global Startup: Microsoft Office.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\OSA9.EXE
    O8 - Extra context menu item: &AOL Toolbar search - res://C:\Program Files\AOL Toolbar\toolbar.dll/SEARCH.HTML
    O8 - Extra context menu item: Download using LeechGet - file://C:\Program Files\LeechGet 2004\\AddUrl.html
    O8 - Extra context menu item: Download using LeechGet Wizard - file://C:\Program Files\LeechGet 2004\\Wizard.html
    O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~4\OFFICE11\EXCEL.EXE/3000
    O8 - Extra context menu item: Open Picture in &Microsoft PhotoDraw - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~4\Office\1033\phdintl.dll/phdContext.htm
    O8 - Extra context menu item: Parse with LeechGet - file://C:\Program Files\LeechGet 2004\\Parser.html
    O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.2_04\bin\npjpi142_04.dll
    O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.2_04\bin\npjpi142_04.dll
    O9 - Extra button: AOL Toolbar - {4982D40A-C53B-4615-B15B-B5B5E98D167C} - C:\Program Files\AOL Toolbar\toolbar.dll
    O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: AOL Toolbar - {4982D40A-C53B-4615-B15B-B5B5E98D167C} - C:\Program Files\AOL Toolbar\toolbar.dll
    O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~4\OFFICE11\REFIEBAR.DLL
    O9 - Extra button: Real.com - {CD67F990-D8E9-11d2-98FE-00C0F0318AFE} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\Shdocvw.dll
    O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
    O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
    O16 - DPF: {140F03AE-0588-11D4-BD45-0050048A82BF} (eShare Web Collaboration Class) - http://chat.1800flowers.com/netagent/objects/emagic.cab
    O16 - DPF: {4A3CF76B-EC7A-405D-A67D-8DC6B52AB35B} (QDiagAOLCCUpdateObj Class) - http://aolcc.aol.com/computercheckup/qdiagcc.cab
    O16 - DPF: {9A9307A0-7DA4-4DAF-B042-5009F29E09E1} (ActiveScan Installer Class) - http://www.pandasoftware.com/activescan/as5/asinst.cab
    O16 - DPF: {D27CDB6E-AE6D-11CF-96B8-444553540000} (Shockwave Flash Object) - https://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab
    O16 - DPF: {D44C75D8-C827-473E-8F68-A77E42500782} (Uploader Class) - http://photo.walmart.com/photo/uploads/WebUploadClient.cab
    O23 - Service: AOL Connectivity Service - America Online - C:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL\ACS\AOLAcsd.exe
    O23 - Service: AOL TopSpeed Monitor - America Online, Inc - C:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL\TopSpeed\2.0\aoltsmon.exe
    O23 - Service: AOL Spyware Protection Service - Unknown - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\AOL\AOLSPY~1\\aolserv.exe
    O23 - Service: iPod Service - Apple Computer, Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
    O23 - Service: LexBce Server - Lexmark International, Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\system32\LEXBCES.EXE
    O23 - Service: Norton AntiVirus Auto Protect Service - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\navapsvc.exe
    O23 - Service: Norton Internet Security Service - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\NISSERV.EXE
    O23 - Service: Norton Internet Security Accounts Manager - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\NISUM.EXE
    O23 - Service: ScriptBlocking Service - Symantec Corporation - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\SYMANT~1\SCRIPT~1\SBServ.exe
    O23 - Service: SoundMAX Agent Service - Analog Devices, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\SoundMAX\SMAgent.exe
    O23 - Service: Norton Internet Security Proxy Service - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\SymProxySvc.exe
    O23 - Service: WAN Miniport (ATW) Service - America Online, Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\wanmpsvc.exe

Thanks again for all your help!
    Just curious, how did all the crap get on my laptop when I use Norton, Norton Internet security with firewall, spybot, spyware blaster, adaware, etc.?

12. MFDnNC

MFDnNC

Print this – boot to safe mode and fix

R3 - URLSearchHook: IncrediFindBHO Class - {5D60FF48-95BE-4956-B4C6-6BB168A70310} - C:\PROGRA~1\INCRED~1\BHO\INCFIN~1.DLL

O1 - Hosts: 12.129.205.209 search.netscape.com12.129.205.209 sitefinder.verisign.com

O2 - BHO: NavErrRedir Class - {5D60FF48-95BE-4956-B4C6-6BB168A70310} - C:\PROGRA~1\INCRED~1\BHO\INCFIN~1.DLL

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [updater] C:\Program Files\Common files\updater\wupdater.exe

View Hidden Files
    Open Windows Explorer. Go to Tools, Folder Options and click on the View tab.
    Make sure that "Show hidden files and folders" is checked.
    Also uncheck "Hide protected operating system files".
    Now click "Apply to all folders", Click "Apply" then "OK"

Delete these files
    C:\Program Files\Common files\updater\wupdater.exe

Delete these folders
    C:\Program Files\PictureShare
    C:\PROGRA~1\INCRED~1\BHO (Not sure what the shortened file name is

START – RUN – key in %temp% - Edit – Select all – File – Delete
    Empty the recycle bin
    Boot and post a new log

13. 2talll

2talll Thread Starter

OK, I'll try again. When I saved the info from the last one- the view hidden folders stuff and delete files didn't show up in the document.

14. 2talll

2talll Thread Starter

(Why would PictureShare be causing problems all the sudden? I've had the program on this computer since day one and have never have any problems. In fact, I've had a bunch of hijackthis logs looked at since then and this is the only time anyone said anything about PictureShare. Any other programs like PictureShare that I could use? I love how it changes the desktop regularly using only selected files.)

Here's the new log:
    Scan saved at 11:43:59 AM, on 1/29/2005

Running processes:
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\wuauclt.exe
    C:\Program Files\America Online 9.0\waol.exe
    C:\Program Files\America Online 9.0\shellmon.exe
    C:\Program Files\America Online 9.0\aolwbspd.exe

O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{C4179FB1-0B2A-402B-948A-E672C844C49A}: NameServer = 205.188.146.145

15. MFDnNC

MFDnNC

The log looks clean - see if that clears your problems

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/324343

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice