1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

NEED HELP CONECTING PANASONIC DVD RECORDER TO vcr

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by Jacquioo1, Aug 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jacquioo1

Jacquioo1 Thread Starter

I just swapped my dvd recorder from a philips to panasonic as my philips was written off by comet. I have a security camera which runs through my vcr and my tv picks it up as though its a tv channel. Before i exchanged my recorder i could record my decurity camera. Now i can record the security camera but as soon as i turn off my turn i loose the signal. I cant connect it direct as i also have my cable box connected to recorder and it only has 2 scarts. Anyone know what im doing wrong??

2. nessyguin

nessyguin

"but as soon as i turn off my turn i loose the signal"
    Obviously a typo but what is it that you turn off that causes you to lose the cam feed ?

There are multi-scart boxes available these days which effectively allow you to have several scarts running into 1 scart socket on your tv/recording device - you just press the approprate button on the scart box for the preferred feed .

3. Jacquioo1

Jacquioo1 Thread Starter

Hi guys

Sorry its when i turn off my tv. My old dvd recorder never had a problem recording when the tv was off. My new recorder has built in freeview could this make a difference.
    Heres my set up

Dvd recorder has 2 scarts in the back. One goes to tv and other to telewest box

Tv has 2 scarts in back - one has dvd recorder and other has a multiple scart adaptor (no switches on it) this has ps2 etc plugged in

Vcr - has 2 scarts in back - one has security camera. The vcr is connect to tv via normal aerial leads.

My security camera tunes into tv station and same with vcr.

I have no problem recording the security camera while my tv is turned on but as soon as i switch it off I loose the signal and it records nothing but black.

The security camera wont work in the scart adaptor - i think because it doesnt switch on like other stuff i.e. PS2 it just has a power plug and the picture is a constant feed. I can record the sec camera if I plug it direct into back of recorder but since once scart goes from recorder and other to telewest box that leaves no more scarts....
    I dont want to have to keep unplugging the telewest box in order to record security camera as I never did this before with old philips one. The panasonic books states to connect another ext device such as vcr I have to use the red, white and yellow connectors or S video but my vcr only has red & white plus the 2 scarts.
    I hope ive managed to explain alittle better this time
    When i first bought my old dvd recorder i had to pay a company to come out and set it all up so that everything could be recorded and I remember them saying the sec camera had to run through vcr and tuned into tv. When i auto tune panasonic recorder it only picks up all the channels via freeview.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/603703

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice