1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Need help connecting one computer to the internet through another computer

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by raghavsood999, Jan 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. raghavsood999

raghavsood999 Thread Starter

:):):):)Hello, how are you?
    My name is Raghav Sood.
    I need help connecting my laptop which does not have wireless internet card installed to the internet via another computer. This is my method:

Computer A is my laptop with no wifi card. It has ethernet or usb. If any of these can be used to connect through another computer to the internet please notify me.

Computer B: is my second computer connected to the internet via a router and modem.

This computer B is connected to computer A via ethernet or USB cord as provided above.
    I need to connect this Computer A to the internet through computer B using ONLY USB cables or an Ethernet Cable.
    I have searched the forums for previous threads in regards to the issue. However, i have noticed that the thread is closed and then i cannot reply to anybody at all.
    Thanks in advance
    Raghav Sood.
    :cool::cool::cool:(y):confused::confused:

2. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Chuck
    Hi Raghav, and welcome to TSG

Does computer B connect to router via an Ethernet connection? If so, does computer B have more than one Ethernet port?

Does the router have more than one LAN port and does its sub-net mask support more than one device connecting at one time? If so, why do you need to connect computer A through computer B?

There is no safe way to connect two computers via their USB ports using a simple cable. You need some type of active electronics between the computers.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1084237

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice