1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Need help creating folder and file listings

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by turbo313, Dec 31, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. turbo313

turbo313 Thread Starter

Hi,

I am using Windows 7 Professional. I have a parent folder with MANY sub-folders (and layers of sub-folders within the sub-folders), and MANY files.

1) I am trying to create a listing (doesn't matter if the listing output is notepad or excel or whatever) from the parent folder that shows every single file along with the folder structure for each file. I also want each file's size and timestamps.

For example, I want to listing to look something like this - the rows are the files, and the columns are the size and timestamps:

Size Created_Date Modified_Date Accessed_Date ContentCreated_Time

Folder/filename1.xyz
    Folder/filename2.xyz

Folder/Subfolder1/filename1.xyz
    Folder/Subfolder1/filename2.xyz

Folder/Subfolder1/Subfolder1A/filename1.xyz

Folder/Subfolder2/filename1.xyz

2) I also want to create a listing of all folders and sub-folders, along the total size of the folders, the total number of items, and the folder creation date/time - to look something like this where the folders are the rows, and the information in the columns.

Total_Size Total_Items Folder_Created_TimeStamp

Folder
    Folder/Subfolder1
    Folder/Subfolder1/Subfolder1A
    Folder/Subfolder2

Any help would be appreciated - I have tried to search but cannot figure it out exactly how I need it.

Thanks!

2. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    David
As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1221229

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice