1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Need Help Disabling Onboard Sound

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Ccraig, Dec 31, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Ccraig

Ccraig Thread Starter

Happy New Year!

Hello I am looking to disable my onboard sound. What I would like to do is install my WIN TV/FM card and also my new sound card. I know that I first have to disable the onboard sound and possibly something more or I will get freeze-ups. Does anyone know exactly what I should do?

My Info:
    (link to the motherboard I have)
    http://www.epox.com/html/english/products/motherboard/ep-7kxa.htm

AMD Athlon 600Mhz Processor
    448MB Ram
    Windows ME

All help is appreciated. Thank You in advance.

2. brianF

brianF

Shot in the dark

According to your manual it's under Intergrated Pheripials
    Two items

legacy sound
    Soundblaster compatible

Try disabling both and rebooting
    Check under add remove programs for any sound related drivers etc, remove those also.

If it's still not gone go into device manager and under sound select properties and disable in this hard ware profile.

3. anglin_fool

anglin_fool

Along with deleting the drivers, check your manual for jumper settings that you should change. I couldn't see any on your website. Your BIOS settings will have to be looked at also.

4. Ccraig

Ccraig Thread Starter

Ok I will check all that. Thanks. I don't have a manual so I will download the one online and see what they have to say about jumper settings if any apply.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/63706

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice