Need Help Disabling Onboard Sound

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Ccraig

Happy New Year!

Hello I am looking to disable my onboard sound. What I would like to do is install my WIN TV/FM card and also my new sound card. I know that I first have to disable the onboard sound and possibly something more or I will get freeze-ups. Does anyone know exactly what I should do?

My Info:
(link to the motherboard I have)
http://www.epox.com/html/english/products/motherboard/ep-7kxa.htm

AMD Athlon 600Mhz Processor
448MB Ram
Windows ME

All help is appreciated. Thank You in advance.

Shot in the dark

According to your manual it's under Intergrated Pheripials
Two items

legacy sound
Soundblaster compatible

Try disabling both and rebooting
Check under add remove programs for any sound related drivers etc, remove those also.

If it's still not gone go into device manager and under sound select properties and disable in this hard ware profile.

Along with deleting the drivers, check your manual for jumper settings that you should change. I couldn't see any on your website. Your BIOS settings will have to be looked at also.

Ccraig

Ok I will check all that. Thanks. I don't have a manual so I will download the one online and see what they have to say about jumper settings if any apply.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online