1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Need help downloading Windows 10

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by Vicious111, Dec 19, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Vicious111

Vicious111 Thread Starter

Hello,

I’ve had an idea in mind to learn Linux on my dell computer that was running the latest window 10 OS. I downloaded Ubuntu onto a usb and booted instead of dual booting I accidentally enrypted my disc and could longer boot windows 10. I’ve tried deleting Ubuntu from the bios but accidentally deleted default windows boot manager there. Now my computer is only running Ubuntu. I’ve tried downloading windows 10 iso onto a usb and booting from there but I keep getting errors such no drivers found or the install.wim file is missing. To fix the errors I’ve deleted and redownloaded the uso but to no avail. Is there any way to fix this and get windows 10 back on my computer with or with Ubuntu?

2. lunarlander

lunarlander

Download the ISO and burn to DVD. Maybe your USB stick is faulty.

3. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

If you really encrypted the disc, you are going to have to know the password. If you do not know the pw, you are probably going to have to purchase a new drive and clean install windows.

4. lunarlander

lunarlander

Hi CRJdriver,

I think the Ubutntu encryption is OS software based, it is not the same as say a IBM laptop with hardware based encryption. Thus I think the user can install Windows over it without problems.

Merry Christmas too.

5. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

Hopefully so. I never choose to encrypt when installing linux. Perhaps a disk wipe prior to attempting an install of win10.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1220715

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice