1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Need Help! Error 623: The System Could Not Find the Phonebook Entry for Connection

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by douglasdelay, Aug 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. douglasdelay

douglasdelay Thread Starter

Ok, I'm losing my patience with my dial-up connection. I signed up with a new provider and I am getting this message under the Network and Dial-Up Connections window.

Error 623: The System Could Not Find the Phonebook Entry for this Connection

I can connect to the internet via dial-up but it periodically drops my connection and I get the above error message. I am still able to connect to my old dial-up provider and I don't get this error or get dropped. I'm skepitcal that it's the way I initially set up the new connection with the new provider. I found this link (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/227391/) to microsoft'ss website addressing the issue but it does no help me.

It says to do the following;

1. Click Start, point to Settings, and then click Network and Dial-up Connections.
    2. Right-click the Virtual Private Connection in question, and then click Properties.
    3. Select the "Dial another connection first" check box, and then select the appropriate Dial-up connection from the drop-down list box. If there is no Dial-up connection to choose from in this location, you may have to create a Dial-up connection and then repeat these steps.

BUT there is no option to "Dial another connection first" check box. It just doesn't exist.

Not sure what to do next??

2. hssonline

hssonline

1. go to internet options of INTERNET EXPLORER (Tools ---Internet options)
    2. put a check mark on "never dial a connection" in the connections tab.
    3. uncheck the option for proxy server under LAN settings (connections tab).

3. Dunko9

Dunko9

yeah i have trying, but same problems. nothing happened!

yeah same me. Where is 'Dial onother connection first' check box??????:confused:

thats i try click 'Send/Receive' on Microsoft Outlook, popup its says....

[​IMG]

like that. Why thats?:confused:

4. ozrom1e

ozrom1e

Error 623

1. Delete and recreate connectoid (more like just a create in most cases, because there probably isn't a connectoid).

I woiuld suggest getting a new updated modem driver for the modem and also contacting your ISP since you have dial-up and ask them to help you remove the dial-up connection and install a new one.

5. douglasdelay

This solved the problem for me. I also found some malware on my computer shortly after and removed it. Been working fine since:)

6. Dunko9

Dunko9

How come that you found some malware?, explain to me please.:rolleyes:

7. douglasdelay

Well, I ran spybot and adaware. They both found some malware/spyware/adware and removed it.

8. Dunko9

Dunko9

well, i have done with spybot and adaware as well and other AVG, Windows Defender, Ewido!!! it must something wrong.:(

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/496114

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice