1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Need Help: Excel data to individual word documents, Macro Maybe??

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by AnthonyMatthews, Dec 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. AnthonyMatthews

AnthonyMatthews Thread Starter

Good Morning guys,

This is my first post on Tech Support Forums!

I am not to sure how much help I can be to people here other than building gaming Rigs, so I will keep one eye on that forum to see if I can add value here.

Now, on to my question! :)

I have assembled an Excel spreadsheet with hundreds of lines of date. (Business Name, Address, Contact Number, Email, Website). We have a CRM system which does not allow me to enter new clients myself, so i have to complete a CRM Request form for each potential client on this list (over 600) The CRM request form is a Word Document with sections for each part of the data on excell.

The problem is, I am too lazy to copy and past all of the lines of data into individual CRM Request Forms (Word Documents)

So in short... correct me if I am wrong. I think I need to create some form of macro to do this for me. (copy data from excell, open up the word document, paste the data in the specific places, then save it, then repeat for the next line of data)

It would be greatly appreciated if you could point me in the right direction on this one people.

Kind Regards,
    Anthony :(

2. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
  3. Rollin_Again

Rollin_Again

I can help you write the code if you can attach a sample Excel workbook and sample Word Doc.

Rollin

4. AnthonyMatthews

Fantastic, I really appreciate you helping me!

Please find attached the Samples. I have deleted all of the personal information of the business from the excel doc so it complies with forum rules.

Just to warn you, i have never made a macro before so I do not know where to start first! :)

thanks again mate! :)

Attached Files:

5. AnthonyMatthews

Thnaks for this, it helped!. So Rollin, dont waste your time on the initial issue budyy! :)

my last issue is something that i found had already been discussed on this forum, again Rollin you were the expert on this

I now have 160 request forms 1 on each page and what i want to do now is split this word document into 160 different Files (1 form to a page) but make the saved file names = "Company Name" box.... eek lol so close!!

thanks in advance

6. Rollin_Again

Rollin_Again

Did you get this sorted yet?

Rollin

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1031904

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice