1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Need help fast if possible-customer problem with 6to4 adapter #3

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by xfile47, Apr 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xfile47

xfile47 Thread Starter

Windows vista 64bit HP P6157c

Device manager shows the yellow sign by the 6to4 adapter
    she was on computer on the night of the 13th and then turned on on morning of 14th and can't get on internet since.

I have check all cablesm modem, I hooked my laptop windows xp with her stuff unplugged the cable from her computer right to my laptop and got on internet right away.

Took her computer to my place and hooked into my network and got right on the internet with her coomputer no problem,

however when I go back to her place and try to get on the internet it keeps coming up page cannot be displayed.

in device manager click on the 6to4 adapter then properties and it says the needs the drivers code 31 tried uninstall and it came back witht the yellow sign.

went to command prompt and did the netsh in 6to4 set state disable
    and uninstalled the 6to4 in device manager and then unticked the the #6 in tcp/ip properties
    the 6to4 adapter is now not in device manager and as I said I unticked the #6 in tcp/ip properties
    the internet is working fine at my place my questioon is before I take it back to her I would like to no if what I have done should make it work at her place to. You do not have to use the #6 in tcp/ip properties just the #4 right? Please help me out here, just starting out fixing computers and I have not ran across this before where my laptop works at here house and her computer works at my place but her computer will not work at her place, just page cannot be displayed but works right away at my house, same isp etc

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/917272

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice