1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Need help figuring out noise I'm receiving.......

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by gidget694u, Oct 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. gidget694u

gidget694u Thread Starter

:( If there is anyone out there that can help me figure out what noise is coming from my computer, I sure would appreciate it. It gets really loud, as if it is running something, and then I'll hear a click like noise, it'll stop for sometimes a couple minutes, and sometimes longer, then start up again. It is so irritating as gets pretty noisy. Can anyone help me figure this problem out, as to what could be causing it? :confused: I built my system about four years ago. Running Vista right now.

2. Blackmirror

Blackmirror

Can you take your case off and see if you can pinpoint wheres its coming from ?

3. gidget694u

I haven't done that as of yet, but I guess that would make sense to do so. I take it I would just leave computer on, is this correct and then try to see or hear where the loud noise is coming from? Really wierd, as it's as if it's trying to run a program of something only a bit louder, really annoying. Then all of a sudden it will stop for a while. Wasn't doing it, until I installed another gig of memory the other day and cleaned it. Maybe it liked being all dusty inside instead.LOL I know this has happened once before to me, but not sure if it was as loud, and so frequently, been a while back, and then all of a sudden quit doing it. Maybe my machine likes being dirty or something. Ha-Ha. I'm really confused over it though, needless to say........:-(

4. Blackmirror

Blackmirror

Well it could be a fan
    You could try recording the sound and uploading it to a site then we can hear it

http://www.mp3-upload.net/

5. gidget694u

Wow! That is something I am computer illerate on for sure. I know quite a bit, just never delt with uploading sounds. That would be great though, if I could do that. Then, you'd see how annoying it is.

6. Blackmirror

Blackmirror

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/758638

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice