1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Need help fixing computer

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by MamaofTwo18, Jun 26, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. MamaofTwo18

MamaofTwo18 Thread Starter

I have a Lenovo Yoga 2 11 laptop and it's been broken for almost 2 years now. Initially stopped working after a windows 10 update and then gave it to a tech friend to fix. He never finished fixing it due to a falling out but I have no clue what he did. It doesn't really do much. I can get to certain functions but can't get into the actual computer itself anymore. Do I need to replace the harddrive or something in ng or can I fix it myself somehow?

2. valis

valis Moderator

howdy and welcome. What functions can you get to and what do you mean by 'cant get into the actual computer'?

3. MamaofTwo18

I can get to the BIOS setup, and boot menu. Through following some other tutorials when I was trying to see what my friend did before the falling out I could get into what seems like an initial setup process but it would only let me get so far before essentially just hanging out on the splash screen. Sometimes I could get it to a blue screen, and sometimes it'll come up saying "no bootable device". I think I can also get into the command prompt I think called... I've tried a lot of different ways and tutorials from tech sites to try and fix it over the past two years that I don't remember fully all of what I can get to.

4. MamaofTwo18

What I mean by can't get into it is that I can't login to my computer and get into my account or files or programs or anyth oi ng like that. The jist being I just essentially can't use my conputer.

5. valis

valis Moderator

what error are you getting, and at what screen?

6. MamaofTwo18

I'm not getting any errors, at least none that I've seen. The only time I've seen an error is when I'm typing something into the command prompt that it doesn't have or I can't get to. For instance the bootable device. I've tried multiple times to make a bootable device and it'll simply say "No device found", or "_____ not found" or someth oi ng similar to that. I'm not a technically incline person so a lot of it I don't understand. I would just do what the tech sites said since they were usually written by some form of professional.

7. valis

valis Moderator

What error are you getting logging in?

8. MamaofTwo18

I can't log in.

9. valis

valis Moderator

again; what is the error in logging in?

10. MamaofTwo18

I'm sorry I dknt understand what you mean.

11. valis

valis Moderator

when you try to login, what error are you presented with?

12. MamaofTwo18

It doesn't let me even get to the login screen. So I don't get an error. It just stays on the splash screen until I either press the novo button to get to the Bios or boot or it eventually goes to the blue screen.

13. valis

valis Moderator

okay, in that case we need to get the hard drive info. I am currently mobile and limited by that, so hopefully someone else chimes in tonight who can assist. If not Ill post in the morning.

14. MamaofTwo18

I have a photo of my hard drive. I took a picture of it in case I needed to get a new one so I knew what to get

15. MamaofTwo18

This is the harddrive that is currently in my computer.

Attached Files:

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1212053

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice