1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Need Help Fixing My Screen

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by amberakins, Jan 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. amberakins

amberakins Thread Starter

I recently replaced my LCD screen in my Dell Inspiron 1525. While doing so a wire got disconnected on the left side of the computer. It seems to go to a strip of green material that is attached to a piece of copper strip. We were thinking of soldering it back in place but the wire is not long enough. I need to know if I can add wire to it to gain the connection back. Also the foil like material that covers the laptop enterior behind the screen is not connected to the screw areas in three spots. Does this foil material matter?

We can get a light on when we plug screen back in but no logo or screen comes up. What should I do??? Really need some guidance please!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/973719

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice