1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Need help for smooth playback of 1080p?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by DancinHomer, Jan 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DancinHomer

DancinHomer Thread Starter

I've been happily watching 720p mkvs on my old Sony HD Ready 50".

I've just got a new LG 47" Full HD TV and my PC is struggling for smooth playback of 1080p mkvs.

My PC's graphics card is an Asus GTS450 Silent and has a small 15" monitor running at 1024x768 as the primary display and the LG 47" TV was running at 1920x1080 @ 60Hz (I've reduced this to 24Hz, which has improved but still not perfect) as the extended secondary display.

I prefer to use VLC player for playback (GPU acceleration is enabled) but have also tried WMP (with codec) for MKV playback which seems to be a bit better than VLC but still suffers from stuttering on panning shots, etc.

At work just now, but from memory CPU is Core2Duo 2.8Ghz with 4Gb 667Mhz & files are on 750Gb WD Green SATA2 3Gb/s HDD. Running an uncluttered Windows 7 x64 OS ;)

Any help is much appreciated!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1084393

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice