Solved Need help getting into recover console

corkie69

Mary
This is not for my computer its for my husbands hes has a HP running win 10 when he started it up the other day all it does is get the sigh HP and some dots going around in circle so i went on microsoft to get help and HP without much luck so here what I tried I restarted it while tapping F11 and I got the recovery console I put his email address in but his password would not work so i went on my computer and changed his password and that did not work so now I am lost what to do next could some please help me thank you

so much

Gr3iz

Mark
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
A little punctuation goes a long way ... ;-)

You can download the latest Windows Creation Tool and reinstall Windows from scratch. Since it was running Win10 before, Microsoft has a record of the digital license stored on it's servers. Use a separate computer to download and create a bootable USB flash drive to reinstall Win10 on your husband's PC.

corkie69

Mary
A little punctuation goes a long way ... ;-)

You can download the latest Windows Creation Tool and reinstall Windows from scratch. Since it was running Win10 before, Microsoft has a record of the digital license stored on it's servers. Use a separate computer to download and create a bootable USB flash drive to reinstall Win10 on your husband's PC.
But will it ask for his password thats where I am having the problem he lost his password I tried getting a new one but it wont take that one will i need the password with the windows tool thank you for your help

No if you use the MS Media Creation Tool, you will not need a password to begin installation. However at the 3rd stage, it will ask for your Microsoft Account, and there you will need your MS Account. If you have changed the password on accounts.micorsoft.com, you will be ok. Or alternatively, you can keep saying you don't have WiFi / Internet and it will go about creating an offline account.

crjdriver

There is also an option to use a local account however you do have to look for this option [small print]
FWIW I always use a local account on my personal systems.

corkie69

Mary
I have the windows creation tool downloaded to a usb drive from my computer so how do i use it do I open it on the usb drive and then install it on his computer this is where i am lost thanks

crjdriver

Have you read the guide at the top of the forum for doing a clean install?

corkie69

Mary
We found the hard drive was going bad so replaced it and reinstall windows working great thanks for your help

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online