1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Need help, getting kicked off network...

Discussion in 'Networking' started by vicarious87, Feb 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. vicarious87

vicarious87 Thread Starter

Hello all and thanks in advance.

Here is my problem. I pay rent and rent a small room in a back house. In my rent is included the wifi internet provided by landlord. Now here is the problem. I have complained to the landlord that my connectin keeps cutting out every five or ten minutes and the signal keeps getting dropped or im beeing kicked from network (try explaining this to a 52 year old woman with no knowledge whatsoever about bandwidth and connection or wifi) So I complain that I need the internet to upload and download and email projects, because im a graphics arts student among other things i need the net for, im paying for my share.

NOW the juicy thing is, she has a stupid son who owns an xbox360, and she has envited me in their house and i see the wifi router in the same spot. WELL RECENTLY its not there, it got moved into the son's room.

He is now messing with me and 1. Keeps booting me somehow from the wifi network
    2. Keeps moving the router out of my laptops range (he knows this), keeps turning the router off and on until i get tired and walk to library.
    3. HOGS ALL the bandwidth with his laptop downloading and torrenting, and xbox 360 on 24/7 playing online via WIFI connection.

So what im trying to get at is, is there a way I can BOOT HIM!? make him taste his own medicine? possibly block his xbox360 IP or ban it? or even just shake him up by booting him back?

I've spoken to the landlord (mother) about is alot of times, and she just believes her son and has me on a lease contract so I cant move...

The son loves to play COD and BF3 on XB360 and gets mad when his latency gets too high or starts lagging real bad, he blames my litlte laptop for hogging the bandwidth and starts doing his tricks on me, he has friends at his school who know alot about networking and PCs, he gets advice from them to harras me and make my life mysery. All i need is a connection for an hour at a time so that I can upload my documents, chat with my professors and do some of my online courses. (i been having to walk to the library just to use the net...

HELP ME SOMEONE WHO IS A COMPUTER GURU!!!!!!!!!!

2. 1002richards

1002richards Retired Trusted Advisor

3. vicarious87

vicarious87 Thread Starter

Yes I have talked to her about reducing my rent, but the problem is, she says there is nothing wrong with the connection and her SON assures her that im just complaining. Im strapped for cash right now, I was going to get an optimus V with hotspot on virgin-mobile prepaid, but have not even enough money. So I go to the nearest library. I have no job and barley get by paying my bills.

I am located in los angeles california, US

4. 1002richards

1002richards Retired Trusted Advisor

I'm sorry to read how tricky things are. If you're having to use free wifi connections, think about your on-line security etc and not using your passwords on public computers.
    How soon can you get out of the lease without having to incur penalties?
    Have you got friends also renting in places where they don't have these problems & where you might get a room when the time is right?

Cheers
    Richard.

5. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

This is a contract issue, not a technical one. If you have a written lease that states Internet connectivity will be provided, and you are not able to use that service, then the landlord is in breach of the lease. I'm sure Los Angeles has a landlord/tenant agency to mediate disputes.

Her age and technical ability are irrelevant. If she didn't change the locks, and a previous tenant were using their key to enter your apartment, she couldn't claim she knew nothing about locks. Same goes for every other part of being a landlord.

6. valis

valis Moderator

vicarious87, I've cleaned up the vulgarity. Please remember that this is a family forum.

Also, I'm going to close this for now until I can collaborate with the site admins here. I do not believe that we will be able to assist, but I will post back to let you know.

thanks,

v

7. valis

valis Moderator

I've conferred with some other moderators, and we've decided that this will remain closed. This is something that needs to be taken up with your landlord, and we cannot condone messing with their internet.

thanks,

v

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1039606

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice