Need Help getting online with Labtop

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

dtrulez

Hey guys recently a freind of mine came to me with a labtop which he was given and asked if I could help him get it going online, i've tried but failed miserably.

It looks like whomever gave the labtop to him had it hooked up to some wireless connection.

Im not familiar with labtops and how they hook up exactly but this is what I have for the modem:

"USB Interface ofr 3Com Home Connect IDSL modem"

When ya push the modem this little telephone link comes out, i've tried signing on with it and AOL says it doesn't detect a modem. And when I run the "find a modem" it always comes up as TCP/IP. Any clue?

I was just thinking maybe this card isn't the type of modem he needs to dial up?

Mike

dtrulez

Thanks for the information, could you elaborate a bit? I use cable connection for my home pc, how would that thing connect to the internet via cable if it was the rj-45 jack.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online