1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Need HELP! Getting "this page can,t be displayed" and Script errors..

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by janragan, Mar 5, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. janragan

janragan Thread Starter

Hello,
    I have been getting "page can not be displayed errors" for weeks. I have done everything I can think of to fix this. I admit that isn't much due to lack of knowledge... If the page does load it will freeze and then I get a pop-up along the bottom of the page that says "page not responding due to a long running script". I am really frustrated. Almost to the point of tossing this thing out a window somewhere :D. I just can't afford to do that! I am running Win 7 and IE11. I have tried to revert back to earlier versions of IE but updates just loads IE11 again! I have MalWare Bytes and Super antispyware and from time to time they do find malware. Win Essentials finds nothing... I have never run Spybots on this laptop because I wouldn't know what to delete. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU B820 @ 1.70GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 42 Stepping 7
    Processor Count: 2
    RAM: 1952 Mb
    Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics Family, 784 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 305142 MB, Free - 265073 MB;
    Motherboard: ASUSTeK Computer Inc., K54C
    Antivirus: Microsoft Security Essentials, Updated and Enabled

2. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    The ASUS K54C laptop supports up to 8 GB of RAM, so I'm surprised you're running Windows 7 64-bit in it with only 2 GB of RAM.

You really need to add another 2 GB or max it out with 8 GB.

------------------------------------------------------------

We don't know how you use that laptop and what you have installed in it, so there could be any number of reasons for the issue with Internet Explorer 11.

Have you tried a different browser, such as Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome?

------------------------------------------------------------

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1144242

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice