Need help getting this Samsung laptop to start up

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

GaryVonGary

Samsung Laptop 1.jpgSamsung Laptop 2.jpg

This is what I get whenever I start it up. I have clicked every single option possible, and even used the boot up disc that I had with it....nothing. I hope it's worth saving.

Couriant

James
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Try Safe Mode with Command Prompt and type the following commands:

bootrec /FixMbr
bootrec /FixBoot
bootrec /RebuildBcd

Type Exit and that should restart the computer. Let us know if you get any errors.

GaryVonGary

I tried the safe mode with command prompt and typed in what you told me, it didn't work. I tried booting it come the disc, it just took forever and didn't give me any results.

Samsung NP--RV515.-A03US.

When I start it normally, I get "Preparing to configure, do not turn off your computer...it stays that way forever. I've docmented my efforts with the pictures attached.

Attachments

blues_harp28

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Start the pc again in Safe Mode with command prompt
Type sfc /scannow
Press Enter.
Let it run to completion - but do not close the cmd window.
When finished restart the pc.
It can take 2-3 runs of system file checker for all files to be replaced/repaired.
-
If that does not help - back in safe mode with command prompt.
Type chkdsk C: /R
[C: being the drive that Windows is installed on - if a different drive letter, use it instead of C:]
Press Enter.
When finished - restart the pc.
Let us know if any of the above has helped.

Couriant

James
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Those commands didn't work because you didn't put a space between the bootrec and the /

Since you were able to get back to the windows screen, I would also suggest the sfc /scannow command. Remember there is a space before the /

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online