1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

need help going back to win 98 from win me

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by mginam, Jan 24, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mginam

mginam Thread Starter

okay guys this is my problem,I recently upgraded to win me from win 98,now I want to go back to win 98,i am having to many problems with win me,but my quick restore won't run on win me,,,so someone please help me get back back to win 98 from win me,,,,,please,,

2. ryshkus

ryshkus

If you are talking about your quick restore cd, that should be put in before you boot the computer. You may need to make sure that cdrom is one of the first bios boot options.

3. shaygate

shaygate

We need a touch more information here, if you have upgraded Win98 to ME using an upgrade disk then at some point in the installation process you will have been asked 'do you want to save information to enable to you to return to windows 98' or some similar wording, if at this point to save space you said NO then you can't return if you said Yes then all you need to do is go to the control panel, select Add/Remove programmes and select remove Win ME.

If however like the other poster suggests its your computers quick restore Cd you are refering to then you either need to get the machine to boot from the Cd or first use a boot disk which again should have been supplied with the restore CD.

By the way don't forget if you use a quick restore CD your machine will return to the same state it was when you got it out of the box i.e. all the prgrammes or data stored on it since it was brand new will be gone ! so make sure that is Ok before you do it :)

Ian

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/115100

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice