1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Need help, I lost my video today.

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by jayncc1701, Apr 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jayncc1701

jayncc1701 Thread Starter

Today when I turn on my computer, the load screen came on like normal, then right when it would normally show the first little windows icon, I lost video. My monitor said "no signal". I have had the same working monitor for over a year with no problems. When Id restart the computer, the same thing happened. When I would run it in safe mose, the video would work. Only in safe mode and the lowest reso setting. I tried re installing all my drivers. It did not help. Im running a GeForce 9800 GT, Ive had it for 8 months, no issues.

To fix it I had to system restore to about a week ago. I have added no new programs in over a month. I have not changed any video settings or drivers recently. I have the latest AVG/Spybot SnD and my system is clean.

You all got a suggestions for me? I'll post my system below from PC wizard. Thanks!

PC Wizard 2008 Version 1.871
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Owner: Jayncc
    User: Jayncc
    Operating System: Windows Vista (TM) Home Premium Home Edition 6.00.6002 Service Pack 2
    Report Date: Saturday 03 April 2010 at 23:38

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<<< System Summary >>>

> Mainboard : Asus M2A-VM

> Chipset : AMD RS690/RS690M

> Processor : AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ @ 3000 MHz

> Physical Memory : 4096 MB (2 x 2048 DDR2-SDRAM )

> Video Card : NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT

> Hard Disk : Hitachi (500 GB)

> Hard Disk : SAMSUNG (1000 GB)

> DVD-Rom Drive : Optiarc DVD RW AD-7190A ATA Device

> Network Card : Realtek Semiconductor RTL8168/8111 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet NIC

> Network Card : Ralink Technology Corp Ralink Technology Corp

> Operating System : Windows Vista (TM) Home Premium Home Edition 6.00.6002 Service Pack 2

> DirectX : Version 10.00

> Windows Performance Index : 5.4

***** End of report *****

2. cybersloth

cybersloth

try hitting F8 as windows starts to load and selecting VGA mode, then reset your screen resolution and refresh rate to the monitors native res.

if you have onboard try removing ur 9800 and using the onboard, dose it work?, if so try reinstalling the 9800 and see if the problem returns, if posible try a diferent PCIe VGA card.

3. jayncc1701

jayncc1701 Thread Starter

sorry, i forgot to mention that I did try to use the on board and it also did not work at the time. but thanks for the tip!

4. cybersloth

cybersloth

in that case it's either your OS or your Monitor, try another monitor...

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/914591

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice