1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

need help installing a samsung dvd drive

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by mikemeltzer85, Jun 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mikemeltzer85

mikemeltzer85 Thread Starter

I just installed a samusng dvd drive, model number sh-s182. My computer acknowledges the drive and i can watch dvds and listen to audio cds, but whenever i go into the dvd folder itself and try to put stuff into it to record, it doesnt open up, it just gives me the error message e drive is not accessible. I didnt install any new drivers because i am not connected to the internet on that computer. Is there a way to install new drivers if i need them offline?

2. mikemeltzer85

mikemeltzer85 Thread Starter

I just got it working through nero, though i still cant go into the folder itself without it asking for a disk in the drive when there is disk in the drive, when i try to go into the dvd folder it says the e drive is inaccessible. It has also started saying that the wrong volume is in the drive and that whats installed is Sh-192m when i should install Sh-182d. Can some explain this to me? Thanks

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/583199

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice