Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Need help installing Facebook chat for Pidgin

854 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  draceplace 
#1 ·
Hey, everyone. I need some help installing the Facebook chat plugin for Pidgin. As many of you know, Facebook discontinued support for XMPP and so now you have to download a new plugin from Pidgin's site in order to make Pidgin work with Facebook chat. The plugin for Windows is on this site:

https://github.com/dequis/purple-facebook/wiki/Installing-on-Windows

So anyway, I went to save the files where it told me to save them but I do not have a Pidgin folder in the location listed although Pidgin is installed on my computer. I even made sure I could view hidden files and folders and I still did not see one. In addition, there is no Pidgin folder in the App Data folder either. I would greatly appreciate some help in figuring out how to install this so I can use Pidgin with Facebook chat. Trillian stopped working for me so I am going to be using Pidgin if I can get it to work.

#2 ·
Hey, everyone. I just thought I'd bump this up. Trillian still isn't working right for me so I would like to figure out how to get Pidgin working as soon as possible.

#3 ·
Disclaimer-I know nothing about Pidgen -- but a quick google tells me the AppData pidgin folder is under AppData\Roaming\.purple
maybe that helps.

Also if you don't have Program Files\Pidgen I would uninstall and reinstall. Perhaps install failed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.