1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Need Help Installing Windows 7 With USB ' No Device Driver Error'

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by CPUMadness, Apr 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. CPUMadness

CPUMadness Thread Starter

I'm Installing Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit With a USB... I need help it loads and everything but when i get to the page after it says set up is starting it says A Required CD/DVD drive deice driver is missing. If you have a driver floppy disk, CD, DVD, Or USB Flash drive please insert now. It Gives me the options Browse OK, Or cancel. I tried all Non work then IF i press okay or browse and click on my USB it says... No device drivers were found. Make sure that the installation media contains the correct drivers and then click OK.

I tried everything... I really need help from a Professional! Or anyone who can help! Please help .. Please!

I tried with TWO different USB drives.. On was a 8Gb Scandisk and other is a 2Gb Core Micro. All other Websites i googled for help don't really explain a solution to this problem but i was told this website is fantastic! This is a LG Net Book.. And my Windows XP version was just all messed up so i really need help on this! I have no clue honestly tried everything I could think of and I'm Sure someone could come up with the solution Really fast!

Thanks , CPUMadness :):):):):D

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Terry Moderator

Does this Netbook even have an optical drive?

Do Windows 7 (or Vista) drivers exist for the Netbook? Did you run the Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor on it?

3. CPUMadness

I am not really sure it was pre installed with windows XP Home edition. It picks up the windows files. says its loading them then the whole windows seven thing pops up.. By the way i'm starting this from boot so im not running it from Windows XP

4. CPUMadness

Also No i havn't ran Windows 7 upgrade advisor.. I do not know waht that is.. i installed on my mom's tobishiba laptop.. But not with a USB. didn't really have to update anyhting

5. CPUMadness

Tried windows upgrade advisor said it was all good..

6. DVOM

DVOM

What method did you use to make your Win 7 install USB stick?

7. CPUMadness

8. DVOM

DVOM

Here's the method I used to install Vista and Win 7.

http://www.intowindows.com/how-to-install-windows-7vista-from-usb-drive-detailed-100-working-guide/

It seems to have an extra step that your method didn't. Also, keep in mind that it has to be done on either a Vista or Win 7 machine, an XP machine doesn't work. The "diskpart" utility in XP isn't the same as in Vista or Win7 and won't work. I even tried using the Vista "diskpart" file on an XP machine and I still couldn't get it to work.

Hope that helps.

9. CPUMadness

dude.. did on win 7 64bit..ultimate.. coudl that be the problem?

10. CPUMadness

11. CPUMadness

also your method did no change still dind't work

12. CPUMadness

OKay i tried installing Windows Xp instead of windows 7 that won't even work. I went to steup ran everything then it restarted to do the thing then it says " BOOTMGR is missing press Ctrl+alt+delete to restart" Okay i tried these steps

ttp://forums.techguy.org/windows-xp/507442-bootmgr-missing-error.html

They don't work just says the same error This is an LG net book.. I think the windows Future shop installed was pretty stupid im missing so many dll's.. and now this? and i cant even install an other windows? I sirously need help Please!

13. CPUMadness

some one pleaase hep

14. DVOM

DVOM

Here's a tool that might work:

http://wintoflash.com/home/en/

When I installed Win 7 from USB, I must have tried 10 or 12 different times before I got it to work. So hang in there.

15. CPUMadness

Tried that/// With It dind't work i tried with windows XP it Only recognizes my USB not my hard drive

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/915472