1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Need help Laptop Samsung.

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by tabatot, Apr 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. tabatot

tabatot Thread Starter

Okay I have a samsung laptop RV411.
    So i closed the cover, and then opened it for transfer. However, I did not shut it down. So when I opened it, it turned black and it turned BSOD. It says KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR. So I restarted my PC. Now, I cant get out of the POST. There is 2 available options F2 for setup and F4 for recovery. I pressed both and it went Please Wait... Forever! I used the recovery disk no luck. need help!

2. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    take the power lead out
    take the battery out
    Hold the power button on for 60seconds

put everything back in and see if boots up

what happened when you used the recover Disk

3. w7pro

w7pro

4. tabatot

tabatot Thread Starter

Nothing happens.

5. tabatot

tabatot Thread Starter

6. parttimetechie

parttimetechie Banned

Pressing F8 does not put you into safe mode? If that is the case, you have major OS problems. I would slave your drive and pull the data off, then reinstall the OS

7. Elvandil

Elvandil

It will not be possible to connect your drive as a slave because it is a SATA. In any case, it makes no difference for recovery whether you connect an IDE drive as slave or as master.

If it comes to that, you can connect your drive to another computer and try to recover your data.

Can you explain a bit more about what you did? Did you close the lid and then immediately open it again? What do you mean by opening it to do a "transfer"?

What happened to the screen? Did it turn black or did it turn BSOD, or both? How long was it black before the BSOD?

After this started, you said you "restarted" the PC. Does that mean that it booted up or did it fail to start?

8. parttimetechie

parttimetechie Banned

Why can't the drive be connected as a slave? Connection type has nothing to do with it, depending on the kit you get to do it.

I meant "slave" as in hook it to another computer via USB, not actually set it to "Slave" and hook it to the same computer.

9. Elvandil

Elvandil

A "slave" is a second drive on the cable of an IDE connection. SATA drives do not have slaves. The drive could be connected to another machine as a secondary, or non-system drive.

10. tabatot

tabatot Thread Starter

I transfered it to another room. I closed the lid for transfer and when I did, i opened it. After that it goes black. So i did tried to CTRL+ALT+DELETE and move my mouse over and it got BSOD. After I restarted it, it hangs on the POST.

11. tabatot

tabatot Thread Starter

12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/992492

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice