1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Need help. Might lose data

Discussion in 'Linux and Unix' started by ghost219, Oct 17, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ghost219

ghost219 Thread Starter

Hi
    So I needed up pretty bad
    I wanted to install Ubuntu on a bootable drive and for that i made a bootable USB with Ubuntu installation disk on it. I booted from the usb and reached the installation screen. There were 3 options
    1. Erase the drive and lose my data and install
    2. Keep the data and install
    3. Selective by me
    I clicked on the first option thinking that it'll only erase the usb stick. Turns out it showed me the drives that would be formatted before proceeding and it included my primary hdd. So I didn't proceed and went back. But when I reached here it wouldn't show me the second option anymore. So I clicked the 3rd and installed it on a separate drive. But now I can't boot into Windows anymore. Infact it doesn't even show me my hdd as a bootable drive. Please help me.

2. SpywareDr

SpywareDr

TechSupportGuy > Bios won't load

3. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    You have multiple hard drives and installed Ubuntu on a different drive from Windows? And now you can boot into Ubuntu but there is no option to boot into Windows? If 'yes' to both questions search for "Grub2 config." One, or more of the first "hits" should explain how to create a dual boot.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1217974

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice