Need Help, Netgear orbi

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Jon52bb

I recently purchased two netgear orbi’s one satellite one router. I have 1gb internet upload/download through centurylink. When I test connection on my WiFi I can only max out around 330-340mbs but on wired I get closer to 1gb. I know there is supposed to be a drop off but I can be within 10 ft of the router and il never hit 350mbs. I have no modem or router besides the orbis. I was looking to see if someone could help me out so I can increase my speeds.

managed

Allan
Hi and welcome to TSG,

The speed of the particular wireless device could be a bottleneck.
What device(s) show those 300+ speeds ?

Jon52bb

Every device is 300ish, phone, gaming computer, ps5 etc
Hi and welcome to TSG,

The speed of the particular wireless device could be a bottleneck.
What device(s) show those 300+ speeds ?

managed

Allan
I meant the speed the devices themselves can achieve could be the limiting factor.
There is a review of the Orbi system here :- https://www.tomsguide.com/uk/us/netgear-orbi,review-4263.html
From that it's clear that whatever is between the router and the device can have a big affect on the speed.
If one of your devices is capable of higher than 300 ish speeds but still only shows close to 300 when within 5 feet of the router then it looks like something is wrong. I'm no expert on networking hardware though. Someone else here who knows more about this will probably reply soon.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online