1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Need help on buying new laptop

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by pacificaWA, Mar 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pacificaWA

pacificaWA Thread Starter

hello,
    can anyone recommend a good laptop for college, powerpoint and small business?
    thanks
    pacificaWA

2. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    i have moved to hardware forum
    a little more info - whats your maximum budget ?

3. getsugatenso

getsugatenso

maybe a toshiba satellite L500
    i have the 1XC model, has a core i3, ddr3 ram, hdmi connection, a full keyboard with numberpad, an excellent brand reputation for laptops. it might feel cheap but it makes it light for it's size. should be excellent for all ppt and college needs, depending on what sort of business needs it should fair ok, like matlab, some CAD. price Vs. value is very good value for money if you can get one cheap.
    if you need more cad and design sort of working laptop, then get one with a dedicated professional graphics card [quadro/quadro nvs] which is dell latitude area, boring to look at but get the job done better

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/986606

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice