1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Need help on creating an Outlook 2010 Macro

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by rainpuppy, Feb 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rainpuppy

rainpuppy Thread Starter

Hi Guys,

I am a noob with outlook macro and been toiling around the internet helplessly for some assistance on a macro.

I am looking for a macro in outlook 2010, which will get automatically trigger whenever an email is being reply by a user with a shared mailbox. The macro will perform the below steps

1.“Lock” the email so that other users is not able to reply to the email
    2.Scan subject header for a unique reference in the format of CASEDDMMMYYHHMMSSXXX
    - Where “CASE” is fixed
    - “DDMMMYY” follow the date format - DD and YY in number and MMM in aphabet
    - “HHMMSS” follow the 24 hour time format
    - “XXX” denote the number of character on the original subject header
    3.If this reference is available, no changes is required. Original email will be moved to a preset folder after email is sent
    4.If this reference is not available, append the unique reference at the end of the subject header*. Original email with new subject header will be moved to a preset folder after email is sent

*for example, if the original email subject is “URGENT – Need your Response ASAP”, the macro will change the subject header to “URGENT – Need your Response ASAP – CASE01FEB13223763032”

Appreciate any help i can get! [​IMG][​IMG]

PS - I got some help with the partial code and i would appreciate any help with the full code!

If Not .Subject Like "*CASE##???###########"Then
    .Subject =.Subject & " - CASE" & Format(Now, "DDMMMYYhhmmss")& Format(Len(.Subject), "000")
    End If

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1088022

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice