1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Need help on Excel & VBA

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by manukit, Jan 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. manukit

manukit Thread Starter

Hello all,

Please suggest on this topic. I have attached one excel file, in that i have several columns. I need to know that in column branch as i enter TA/FR/CC i required a msgbox to popoup & state "required proper authorized permission from XYZ". The authorized persons name are mentioned in next tab of the excel workbook, from there i require to extract the name of the concerned person whenever that branch has entered.

Please suggest me is there any other ways of sorting this out.

Thanks in advance..\

:)

Attached Files:

2. 20_2_Many

20_2_Many

I believe this might resolve your question. In cell G2 I entered
    =INDEX('Authorized persons'!$B$5:$B$11,MATCH(F2,'Authorized persons'!$C$5:$C$11))
    and then dragged the formula down to cells G3:G10
    There is no Msgbox, which could get tedious, it just fille Person Concerned with data from the Authorized person Sheet.
    Does this help?

3. manukit

manukit Thread Starter

Hi, thanks for the reply.. yes that might be used. But, instead of that i needed a msgbox popping out & stating the comment, so that it will be very clear. I just need to reference some data from next sheet to curr. sheet.

Thanks in advance...
    :)

4. manukit

manukit Thread Starter

Thanks in advance

Attached Files:

5. Keebellah

Keebellah Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Hans
    How are you going to trigger this, just a message box with infro, but how does it get started?
    I think you will need to explain a little more, further more I think macros will be required too.

6. 20_2_Many

20_2_Many

Manukit -
    I put your msgbox in as requested, and it triggers from the entry made in the Branch column, as you indicated.
    The code is set for up to 20000 entries made in Column F. MyRange("F2:F20000")
    Once the Branch is entered, the entry is converted to Upper Case, and the Index Match formula is put into the Concerned Person Column, beside the Target cell in Col F.
    This provides the method of getting the answer from the Index Match.
    You will see the Result in Col. G, momentarily, the Message Box appears stating that proper authorized permission is required. After the Message Box is closed, Col G is blanked out, removing the formula. I needed it put there to be able to get the results of the Index Match.
    Hope this helps.

Attached Files:

7. 20_2_Many

20_2_Many

Manukit-
    Have you had time to see if this will do the trick for you ?

8. 20_2_Many

20_2_Many

Manukit? Any feedback on this? It is getting very out of date on my open To Do list and I am concerned if it still requires resolution.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1085975

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice