need help on how to hook up a cable box,receiver and a hdtv

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

wilson44512

im going to be getting my first HDTV. and would like your help as to the best way to hook it up with my PVR cable box and my surround sound receiver

PVR box

Receiver

TV

thanks for any help

I'd use HDMI cables to connect the DVR and any future video sources (DVD players et all). Your TV doesn't have RCA outputs. It looks like it has a digital audio (optical?) output? Buy a converter box that takes that signal back to RCA outputs and run those to your surround receiver.

You do realize that HD TV is a scheme to get you to replace everything. Just got my first HDTV a few weeks ago and had to get a new DVD player with WIFI, upgrade to an HD DVR, buy a bunch of HDMI cables (a few bucks each online) and I also need to get an optical audio cable. Oh yeah, and $200 to IKEA for a table to hold all this gear, plus running 100 feet of RG6 cable thru the walls and basement ceiling. We were tripping over the cables for a week until I put them in the walls.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online