1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

need help on how to hook up a cable box,receiver and a hdtv

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself (Not Computer-Related)' started by wilson44512, Jan 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wilson44512

wilson44512 Thread Starter

im going to be getting my first HDTV. and would like your help as to the best way to hook it up with my PVR cable box and my surround sound receiver

PVR box

[​IMG]

Receiver

[​IMG]

TV

[​IMG]

thanks for any help

2. antimoth

antimoth

I'd use HDMI cables to connect the DVR and any future video sources (DVD players et all). Your TV doesn't have RCA outputs. It looks like it has a digital audio (optical?) output? Buy a converter box that takes that signal back to RCA outputs and run those to your surround receiver.

You do realize that HD TV is a scheme to get you to replace everything. Just got my first HDTV a few weeks ago and had to get a new DVD player with WIFI, upgrade to an HD DVR, buy a bunch of HDMI cables (a few bucks each online) and I also need to get an optical audio cable. Oh yeah, and $200 to IKEA for a table to hold all this gear, plus running 100 feet of RG6 cable thru the walls and basement ceiling. We were tripping over the cables for a week until I put them in the walls.

3. wilson44512

wilson44512 Thread Starter

what if i ran it this way?

[​IMG]

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/972551

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice