Need help on my windows XP Acer Aspire

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

mas0n056

Okay I really need help, please be detailed I can follow directions but I am not the best when it comes to computers. So here is my problem I start my computer and goes right to safe mood screen and any option I choose I get a flash of a BSOD and back to the safe mode screen. So I need help the computer doesn't have a cd drive so how do I repair windows? Helpp please! Happy Black friday!

Do you wish to restore this computer to the same condition as when you bought it?That would mean only the operating system and the programs that came with it.If so pressing Alt and F10 while booting usually starts the acer recovery console.Just follow the on screen instructions then for a complete manufacturer reset.

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
I'm guessing you have an Acer Aspire One netbook.

If you do, advise what the model name/number is.

Or you can select it from the list here by clicking the right or left arrow and browsing through the list.

---------------------------------------------------------

Try removing one of the Memory modules (if it has two) and try to boot, swap the modules if it does not work.

If you have an XP disc and a USB flash drive you can make a Recovery Console Flash Drive to boot the PC to carry out repairs. Let us know and instructions can be given.

Ubuntu can also be used with a USB Flash Drive to recover your data.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online