1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Need help on my windows XP Acer Aspire

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by mas0n056, Nov 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. mas0n056

mas0n056 Thread Starter

Okay I really need help, please be detailed I can follow directions but I am not the best when it comes to computers. So here is my problem I start my computer and goes right to safe mood screen and any option I choose I get a flash of a BSOD and back to the safe mode screen. So I need help the computer doesn't have a cd drive so how do I repair windows? Helpp please! Happy Black friday!

2. Lozzy-loz

Lozzy-loz

Do you wish to restore this computer to the same condition as when you bought it?That would mean only the operating system and the programs that came with it.If so pressing Alt and F10 while booting usually starts the acer recovery console.Just follow the on screen instructions then for a complete manufacturer reset.

3. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    I'm guessing you have an Acer Aspire One netbook.

If you do, advise what the model name/number is.

Or you can select it from the list here by clicking the right or left arrow and browsing through the list.

---------------------------------------------------------

4. Mark1956

Mark1956

Try removing one of the Memory modules (if it has two) and try to boot, swap the modules if it does not work.

If you have an XP disc and a USB flash drive you can make a Recovery Console Flash Drive to boot the PC to carry out repairs. Let us know and instructions can be given.

Ubuntu can also be used with a USB Flash Drive to recover your data.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1028450

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice