1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Need help on SLOW paging...

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by jameszr1, Jan 4, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jameszr1

jameszr1 Thread Starter

Ok, where to begin? I have Windows 7 64bit. I've tried 3 different browsers. Firefox (default) Chrome, and I.E. I want to continue with Firefox. About 2 mo ago my computer began to load pages VERY slow..average time 15-25 seconds I've cleared cache, new installs, run Malware antimalware software, system mechanic professional, fix cleaner, tuneup pro, and maybe it's helped a little, but..not really. I'm using Panda Internet security 2014, I have 8G of memory. Only messages I've received are timed out. I've cut way back on my start up programs, running in the background and no help. Anyone have any ideas you could give me. My support company I had went belly up but that's a story for a different time
    Thanks James

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 860 @ 2.80GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 30 Stepping 5
    Processor Count: 8
    RAM: 8183 Mb
    Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD 4600 Series, 1024 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 941328 MB, Free - 505425 MB; D: Total - 12437 MB, Free - 2216 MB;
    Motherboard: MSI, Indio
    Antivirus: Panda Internet Security 2014, Updated and Enabled

2. Phantom010

Phantom010 Trusted Advisor

You should avoid Registry Cleaners, Boosters, Optimizers, TuneUp Utilities... There is no need to clean the registry and this type of software will do a lot more harm than good. Most members coming here with WEIRD symptoms had their computer messed up by malware and/or registry cleaners. These utilities do not only remove what they think are orphan entries in the registry but legitimate items still in use will be deleted in the process, causing irreparable damage to some programs and the operating system.

Keep in mind that they will always find "errors" to fix, even on a fresh Windows install!

http://library.techguy.org/wiki/Registry_Cleaners

Why I Don’t Use Registry Cleaners

Registry Cleaners and System Tweaking Tools

Do I Need a Windows Registry Cleaner?

That being said, what about your Internet connection?

What do you get when you run a speedtest?

http://www.speedtest.net/

3. jameszr1

jameszr1 Thread Starter

I'm getting 60-65meg. Love the speed. Cleared cache,no change. If stop using cleanup utilities it should speed up?

4. Phantom010

Phantom010 Trusted Advisor

No, it won't speed up because of that, nor will it speed up by using those programs. It will only make some damage.

How is browsing while in Safe Mode with Networking?

Have you tried using Google Public DNS or OpenDNS?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1140565

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice