Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Need help on SLOW paging...

618 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Phantom010 
#1 ·
Ok, where to begin? I have Windows 7 64bit. I've tried 3 different browsers. Firefox (default) Chrome, and I.E. I want to continue with Firefox. About 2 mo ago my computer began to load pages VERY slow..average time 15-25 seconds I've cleared cache, new installs, run Malware antimalware software, system mechanic professional, fix cleaner, tuneup pro, and maybe it's helped a little, but..not really. I'm using Panda Internet security 2014, I have 8G of memory. Only messages I've received are timed out. I've cut way back on my start up programs, running in the background and no help. Anyone have any ideas you could give me. My support company I had went belly up but that's a story for a different time
Thanks James

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 860 @ 2.80GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 30 Stepping 5
Processor Count: 8
RAM: 8183 Mb
Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD 4600 Series, 1024 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 941328 MB, Free - 505425 MB; D: Total - 12437 MB, Free - 2216 MB;
Motherboard: MSI, Indio
Antivirus: Panda Internet Security 2014, Updated and Enabled

See less See more
#2 ·
You should avoid Registry Cleaners, Boosters, Optimizers, TuneUp Utilities... There is no need to clean the registry and this type of software will do a lot more harm than good. Most members coming here with WEIRD symptoms had their computer messed up by malware and/or registry cleaners. These utilities do not only remove what they think are orphan entries in the registry but legitimate items still in use will be deleted in the process, causing irreparable damage to some programs and the operating system.

Keep in mind that they will always find "errors" to fix, even on a fresh Windows install!

http://library.techguy.org/wiki/Registry_Cleaners

Why I Don't Use Registry Cleaners

Registry Cleaners and System Tweaking Tools

Do I Need a Windows Registry Cleaner?

That being said, what about your Internet connection?

What do you get when you run a speedtest?

http://www.speedtest.net/

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.