1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Need help on upgrading this pc

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ruizzz98, Mar 12, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ruizzz98

ruizzz98 Thread Starter

I just need help on what I need to upgrade on this computer

Attached Files:

2. SpywareDr

SpywareDr

The Intel Q9650 is ancient, 10 years old at least. Which means you would need a new CPU, motherboard, RAM and no telling what else. It would be much cheaper to simply find another solution.

3. lynx1021

lynx1021

It is already maxed out on ram, about the only thing you could upgrade would be the CPU to a Intel Core 2 Extreme QX9770 (used on Ebay for about $120) but it wouldn't be worth it and there isn't much difference Q9650 3GHz Vs QX9770 3.2GHz, also the wattage on the Q9650 is 95 watts vs 135 on the 9770 and you would have to get a bigger heat sink also. Some of the online bench marks show the Q9650 out performing the QX9770. The extreme series was more of a marketing ploy by Intel in my opinion.
    Why do you feel you need to upgrade, won't run games? or what? I had issues with my windows 7 install after 8 years that I call "windows rot" bus fixed it after a fresh install.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1224356

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice